PDA

View Full Version : Wolfenstein: Insane amount of replay value?

Dr. Mutagen
02-18-2003, 11:50 PM
If Wolfenstein has fewer weapons, less enemy diversity, and a simpler game format than Doom, why the fork does it seem like it's MORE ADDICTIVE?!!? Do any of you guys feel the same way or am I just an idiot?

mikeron
02-19-2003, 03:05 AM
Yeah, there's nothing like flooding a ventilation shaft full of allies with horrible fiery death.

MottZilla
02-19-2003, 03:18 AM
Never really liked Wolfenstein that much. I prefer Doom/Doom II.

I-Man
02-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Because, when in DOOM are you granted the satisfaction of ripping Hitler a new one?

Maverick_Zero
02-19-2003, 09:15 PM
And destroying his pansy robot suit.

It was pretty fun, haven't played doom much, and there were like 9 full missions on it, I liked the second one, where the boss was some mad scientists who threw needles at you. MKI at the same time if you didn't know. ;) it really helps unless you're goin for a high score.

AlexMax
02-19-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by I-Man
Because, when in DOOM are you granted the satisfaction of ripping Hitler a new one?

DOOM2.EXE

IDCLEV31

And oh yeah, DOOM rules.

MottZilla
02-20-2003, 12:23 AM
Doom is so much better though. Tearing up demons and zombies in such an unreal enviroment. So nice.

Dr. Mutagen
02-20-2003, 01:07 PM
Yeah. I agree that Doom is an excellent game, but for some odd reason Wolfenstein has a higher addiction level.

I-Man
02-20-2003, 10:11 PM
DOOM2.EXE IDCLEV41

I never played DOOM2, so I didnt know doom presented the oppurtunity to kill Hitler. I guess I was wrong to assume it didnt. (I think thats what you were saying).

And now I'm confised, which Wolfenstein are you talking about, Wolfenstein3D or Return to Castle Wolfenstein or something in between?

Dr. Mutagen
02-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Wolfenstein 3D, and Spear of Destiny, since it has the same format. About games in which you can kill Hitler, how about the great Bionic Commando? (Although he's referred to as Master D in that game) Actually, I never played Doom 2 all the way through, so I didn't know you could kill Hitler in that game, too.

DIE ALLIED SWEINERHUND!! :D

EDIT: This is not a threat. That line just popped into my head for some reason.

Grasshopper
02-23-2003, 12:12 AM
You can't kill Hitler in Doom II. Map 31 is a secret level in Doom II which was a remake of the first map in Wolfenstein 3D. The super secret level takes you to another Wolfenstein-ish map (and since I've never played Wolf much I couldn't tell you if its an actual level) and its called Grosse. You pop a few bullets in Commander Keen at the end of that map.

Dr. Mutagen
02-23-2003, 07:05 PM
Never been to any of the secret levels in Doom 2, so I was wondering: Will you meet up with anyone from the Grosse Clan (As I call them) in the last secret level?

Grasshopper
02-23-2003, 11:51 PM
Nope. There is only a Cyberdemon in Grosse. And beyond him is 4 Commander Keens, if you call that an enemy.:tongue:

Myth
02-24-2003, 08:41 PM
To be honest, I didnt think wolfenstein has as much of a pull as flashpoint.. I got both anyway but even though i'd had flashpoint for quite a while before wolfenstein I found myself still playing it.

Quite a few other games i found alot better too =/
cant fault wolfenstein though.. just personally I Rather the satisfaction and realism of only killing Human/People enemies.. as I enjoyed the levels where you got to kill the german infantry (the AI is good too)

AlexMax
02-24-2003, 11:36 PM
Map31 and Map32 in DOOM2 DO have SS, though. They even sound the same. ^_^

And Map32 is based off of the last map (not secret) of Wolf3D Shareware. Groose is replaced by a cyberdemon, there is a plasma rifle where the secret with the machinegun was, there is an invulnerability sphere on the opposite wall (new) and instead of the exit you get to kill four Commander Keens.