PDA

View Full Version : The New GBA SP, Inside and out.

AlexMax
02-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Check this out...

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=2821

http://image.lik-sang.com/images/large/gbasp-release-2.jpg

http://image.lik-sang.com/images/large/gbasp-release-25.jpg

Neat....

Carmine
02-18-2003, 10:18 PM
WOW!, Great pics!

Im also glad to see that Nintendo decided to include a recharge pack why they were at It aswell!

It also appears that the front light works wonders on the system and the button arrangement seem to be made for people with hands that are older than 6 years old to!

Anyways, Yeah Im really lookin forward to this "New model"... Even though silver and Purplish blue aren't exactlly my favs In color... But, what ya goin to do?

The Savior
02-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Carmine
But, what ya goin to do?

You could paint/vinyl dye it. I'm not sure how well vinyl dye would work on dark objects though.

stormwatcheagle
02-18-2003, 11:36 PM
Why did they take apart a perfectly good GBA? I could have used that.

Shadowblazer
02-19-2003, 03:18 AM
I'm sure it can be reassembled :p

TheGeepster
02-19-2003, 07:02 AM
Not under warranty, Shadowblazer..

The Savior
02-19-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
Not under warranty, Shadowblazer.. Sure it can. If Nintendo doesn't know that the warrenty has been broken, then it's still under warrenty. Not to mention the fact that Lik Sang likely doesn't care about the warrenty.

AtmaWeapon
02-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Carmine

It also appears that the front light works wonders on the system and the button arrangement seem to be made for people with hands that are older than 6 years old to!

Anyways, Yeah Im really lookin forward to this "New model"... Even though silver and Purplish blue aren't exactlly my favs In color... But, what ya goin to do?

Actually, it looks to me to be about the same size as the GBC, which I would get cramps from holding for more than an hour at a time. See, since my fingers are long, they would meet on the other side of the game boy, then I would have to interlock them, but it was like making a fist with both hands and it started to hurt pretty quickly.

I prefer the GBA's shape, although it's still a little bit too small.

vegeta1215
02-19-2003, 09:35 AM
I read that article too. It was neat to see what it looks like on the inside, but I was really hoping for a review of it and how much better (if any) it is than the regular Gameboy Advance in terms of how comfortable it feels, how bright the screen actually is, if all the accessories and attachments work the same, etc...

Raichu86
02-19-2003, 01:28 PM
I like it. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. :D

Ian
02-19-2003, 04:26 PM
If there's no difference from the new one to the old GBA, I'm not going to bother get one. We have a GBA now, and we have a light that hooks on, and protects the screen after when you are finished playing.

SquishyMon
02-19-2003, 07:57 PM
You can also buy a kit called Afterburner if you want a backlight on an existing Game boy Advance.

Maverick_Zero
02-19-2003, 09:13 PM
Aren't those the things that people would try to put on their GBA's and seriously fuck them up if they did one step wrong?

The Savior
02-19-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero
Aren't those the things that people would try to put on their GBA's and seriously fuck them up if they did one step wrong?

Yes, in a way. If you do one step wrong in changing your computer's clock, you can seriously fuck it up. Installing an Afterburner is similar; as long as you are able to follow some simple instructions and solder with decent accuracy, your GBA will remain unfucked.