PDA

View Full Version : it's hard to be angry after this...

Paradox
02-17-2003, 01:45 PM
lol, i was playing Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, and i was in the middle of stealing stuff, and suddenly a message box popped up saying:

A bad (dead?) pointer has been deleted.
The system will now crash.

Have a NICE day. :)

those exact words. LOL. i suppose it's good to throw in some humor, kind of dulls the pain of losing an hour of work.

J.J. Maxx
02-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Hmmmm... I still would have been PO'd.

Toastguy Says:
:toast: - "Where are my pants?!"

Beldaran
02-17-2003, 01:59 PM
I think it's funny that the system is always organized enough to let you know that it will now crash and wait for your approval, but it never has the werewithall to avoid crashing.

TheGeepster
02-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Kinda like the older Windows systems notify you it's gonna run Scandisk, waits for you to press a key, but doesn't provide any way to abort it. That anooys me so much... (Either automate it, or let me abort...)

goKi
02-17-2003, 11:16 PM
I always thought the older windows let you abort scandisk.. the only one i havent been able to abort as far as i can remember is Windows XP.. if it starts, you have to wait for it to finish, which is kind of a pain in the arse when one of your machines has an 80gb hard drive.

System Error
02-18-2003, 12:20 AM
:laughing: That's humorous. Those kinds of things are what makes video games fun. Or at least some of the things that make it fun. Fun shit!

Ich
02-18-2003, 02:04 AM
At least it knows that it's doing something wrong, even if it doesn't learn from it's mistake.

Gerudo
02-18-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by goKi
I always thought the older windows let you abort scandisk.. the only one i havent been able to abort as far as i can remember is Windows XP.. if it starts, you have to wait for it to finish, which is kind of a pain in the arse when one of your machines has an 80gb hard drive. at first i thought you meant skip it as in not do it at all, but now i know you meant you cannot stop it in the middle of scanning... this is true... meh, its gives me an excuse to grab munchies or something to drink... i only got a 20gb drive, so it only takes about 3 minutes to scan...

i skip it whenever i can (sometimes though im not paying attention :cry:)

that reminds me... my hdd is due for a defrag sometime soon... ;)

(hdd = hard drive disk) <-- for those who didnt or dont know ;)

Drunken Tiger
02-18-2003, 06:57 AM
How long does it take to defrag anyways???

goKi
02-18-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo

(hdd = hard drive disk) <-- for those who didnt or dont know ;)

Hard disk drive.

The Savior
02-18-2003, 08:43 AM

Hard disk drive.
High density disk.

Gerudo
02-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Drunken Tiger
How long does it take to defrag anyways??? um, i left mine going for 2 hours this morning and only got to like 40% :shrug:

Hard disk drive.

Originally posted by The Savior

High density disk.

um, yea... same thing...