PDA

View Full Version : One of my events isn't working...

ShadowTiger
02-17-2003, 11:55 AM
Well... This is certainly odd........ I made an event in my castle, in which after you approach the prince, he talks to you, then gets sucked into a portal, yadda yadda, then when the conrol of Link is given back to the player, (It's a pretty cool animated sequence.) Link has to slash a fire to get out of the collapsed area.

I set up the entire thing as Level 52, it's a Cave Dmap, uses palatte 12, I think, I tagged the boss flag in all the scenes necessary, as well as placing the trigger enemy in the topleft corner except for the scene with the fire Link slashes, I've got the Enemies-->Secret flag on in all the scenes, and all the things that have to be triggered are there too, trust me, it's all there. That's why I have to ask this. There's something that's not working. I just have to figure out what it is...........

Blonde799
02-17-2003, 12:01 PM
First, explain what isn't working, or what happens instead of what you wanted to happen. Once I know that, I can give a quick solution.:)

idontknow
02-17-2003, 12:01 PM
um..whats the problem exactly?...are you not warping correctly? is it going dark when its not supposed to?...is there a secret thats not triggering?...what is wrong with it?..you have to be more specific...also, i would love some screen shots...they would really help people to understand your problem

ShadowTiger
02-17-2003, 12:56 PM
Heh heh. Oh. Sorry. I was so caught up in giving examples of what wasn't working, that I didn't actually say what wasn't working.

Apparently, the event just isn't recognized. :shrug: I've got my level # NOT 0, and secrets all set up ready to be triggered when the trigger enemy dies, but it never dies, even though I've slashed the fire which was the boss enemy, therefore all the other enemies in the boss rooms should have died too, but they don't. It's like the same fire which was used so many times before in triggers wasn't triggering it. Weird.

idontknow
02-17-2003, 01:01 PM
is there "enemies always return" rule on? or is the enemies always return screen flag for those rooms? if so, this could present a problem. also double check to make sure the boss flag is on...and i dont think a trigger enemy should be on the screen where the boss flag or fire enemy is if you do have it...i highly recommend a screen flag...what is or are the secret(s) that you want triggered?...whats supposed to appear (pit warps, an open door, a bridge, etc...)

idontknow
02-17-2003, 01:02 PM
is there "enemies always return" rule on? or is the enemies always return screen flag for those rooms? if so, this could present a problem. also double check to make sure the boss flag is on...and i dont think a trigger enemy should be on the screen where the boss flag or fire enemy is if you do have it...i highly recommend a screenshot...what is or are the secret(s) that you want triggered?...whats supposed to appear (pit warps, an open door, a bridge, etc...)

Praethus
02-17-2003, 01:20 PM
Make sure you have the boss flag and the Enemies Secret flag checked on all of them. That's usually my problem...

Blonde799
02-17-2003, 01:44 PM
Also, you probably shouldn't have a trigger enemy in the triggering room.

Petoe
02-17-2003, 06:15 PM
I had big problems with events too: They didn't work at all! But when I started to use fire enemies instead of trigger enemies (trigger enemies doesn't seem to work), all my events are working now and now I can do many cool things with my quest again.:mega:
I hope that helps...

idontknow
02-17-2003, 07:32 PM
any ideas, hints, etc Petoe? ;) any advice as to how to make good use of the fire enemies or any tips as to how to make good events?, any examples?

Petoe
02-17-2003, 08:05 PM
Oh, I would love to share some of my tricks, but my English sucks so I'm not good to explain like you are IDK. But when I stopped to use the trigger enemy, my events started to work as I had planned. But I have to say that when you use fire enemy, it shows the effect of an appearing enemy when you don't want that to happen (if you know what I mean)

idontknow
02-17-2003, 09:27 PM
You layers..or overhead combos...where the enemy is...also try invisible enemies...

C-Dawg
02-17-2003, 10:01 PM
Trigger enemies work fine, but you have to understand how picky ZQ can be about killing enemies. For instance- Secret Combos never trigger on the first screen of a Dmap, full-screen-warps prevent enemies->secret from going off, kill-all-enemy items dont work if you pick them up too quickly in a scene, Enemies->Secret flag clears if you "go" on a Tile warp... etc.

Its impossible to bugcheck your event without having it in front of me.

-C

ShadowTiger
02-18-2003, 02:54 PM
For instance- Secret Combos never trigger on the first screen of a Dmap, Ah. This -might- be my problem.

As for your bugchecking offer, would you like to test the quest? It certainly couldn't harm you, per say. Why not? I've got some pretty solid examples of secret flags on layers. :naughty: ;)

Of course, I did get it to work after all by just doing EVERYTHING I could think of, and now it works fine. So thanks everyone! :kawaii: And thanks for the list of restrictions, C-Dawg. This, will be -very- helpful. :thumbsup: