PDA

View Full Version : Question about Flags

RipperX
02-17-2003, 03:30 AM
I know how all of the Labeled flags work, like the Raft and Bomb flags, but what about all of the others, 1- 16 and the all purpose flag. Are they programable flags that we can set ourselves, and if so how do we program them to do what we want them to do?

- RIP

TheGeepster
02-17-2003, 03:48 AM
Secret Flags 1-16 activate whenever another secret flag activates. So you could have up to 16 different combos appear suddenly upon, say blowing a whistle or burning a bush. Secret combos 1-16 are set under the Secret Combo menu for the screen. Any way to apply it en masse for a whole map? Just curious.

Not sure what the all-purpose flag does. It may be a placeholder at the moment.

RipperX
02-17-2003, 07:20 AM
Cool, so if I want a bridge to appear when Link blows his whistle then use the secret flags, now how about animated combos? Same princapal or is my brain going to turn into goo reading this thread?

THANKS!!:)
- RIP

TheGeepster
02-17-2003, 10:08 AM
Different principle but also fairly simple.

Animated Combo Setup
1) Make a tile for each frame of animation. Make sure they are in order beside each other (like this {1}{2}{3}...)
2) Make a combo and set the first tile for the image.
3) Where it says No. of Frames set the number of frames for it.
4) Set animation speed.
5) Voila! You have an animated combo!

Animated combos can be cycled by selecting the next combo to run (after 1 time through), with the last anim-combo pointing to the first if you want it to loop. This allows for a lot of tricks, like spikes that are only up half the time.

It's not too difficult to imagine, but the timing is tricky I hear. Having the same # of animation frames and speed for all combos helps a great deal. I have to play with this one some.

Blonde799
02-17-2003, 12:18 PM
FEI(For Everyone's Information), the all purpose flag was changed to the lens marker flag, because that's what it did.

idontknow
02-17-2003, 12:25 PM
ya mean, its just a white square that appears when you use the lense?

Blonde799
02-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Yup. It's just like using invisible ink.:)