PDA

View Full Version : .hack for PS2

AlexMax
02-17-2003, 03:10 AM
Is it worth getting? I'm a sucker for anime games, but the last one I got (Lunar 2 : Eternal Blue) I eventually got bored of and returned.

Does anyone have it?

Mak-X
02-17-2003, 03:14 AM
The anime that's airing on Cartoon Network, Saturdays at 3pm is interesting. It's about a MMORPG and the character that the players play, and they'll talk about stuff like logging out, e-mails, what they did while they were gone, player killing, etc. So I think its intersting in that its a video game that the shows about and each of the characters are player's playing the game in this game world. About 2 episodes ago, the warrior guy said something interesting about how he used top lay single player RPGs and that when his character was in trouble, he'd reset the game, but he always wondered what happend to the world he left behind and what became of it. I've seen a preview of the game on Extended Play, they might have a clip at www.techtv.com . They described it as a Online rpg offline. I'd like to play it if I had a PS2.

Maverick_Zero
02-17-2003, 12:03 PM
There were 2 .hack anime series I belief, on therer was a game made about, .hack infection, about a high-level player, and his n00b friend, and the high level person goes comatose during the game, and the n00b goes to find out why. Then there is .hack sign// or something like that, it's about a kid that can't remember logging in, and can't log out, that's what it looks like from the commercials anyway.

The .hack game coming out now, comes with the first anime DVD AND the game, so it looks like a pretty good deal, and it's a pretty interesting idea, the game being an offline representation, of an online game.