PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with extracting graphics from a PSX CD

AlexMax
02-16-2003, 06:41 PM
OK, I have a Dance Dance Revolution 5th mix CD that includes a gallery mode that contains a lot of still pictures. I want to 'rip' them from the CD for use as desktop backgrounds.

Problem is, there are only a few files on the CD, and none of them look like any readable graphic files (Of course, it's a different Filesystem, but whatever)

Does anyone know how to extract graphics from games? Experience is prefered.

Blonde799
02-16-2003, 06:56 PM
Too bad you don't need help on ripping sound files, I'm good at that.:)

System Error
02-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Try loading it up in an emulator and using Print Screen to extract the graphics manualy? There ARE PSX emulators out there.

Mak-X
02-16-2003, 07:27 PM
If you had a video capture card you could watch PS2 (or whatever) games on your PC and take pictures though that would probably be a last resort in your case. The picture won't be as good as ripping it from the CD either, the highest connection would be S-Video, and the lowest you'd want is Composite though itd be a little blurry.

Thunderbird
02-16-2003, 11:54 PM
The emulator + PrintScreen method doesn't really work. I've gotten some pretty garbled graphics doing that :p.

MottZilla
02-17-2003, 05:43 PM
No, it will work just fine if your emulator is setup correctly.

Next, what are the names of the files on the CD. Later games use an ISO like image to protect their contents from being altered or extracted. FF8 for example.

stormwatcheagle
02-17-2003, 07:12 PM
I got this program that i've been able to sucessfully able to rip PS1 music off of. I't sopposed to be able to do Oics. Leme find the url...

AlexMax
02-17-2003, 11:41 PM
AHA!

5th mix doesnt work in an emulator. It gives me Loading... if I do anything other than game mode.

Anyone have any real programs?

System Error
02-17-2003, 11:46 PM
How many emulators have you tried? Do you have the right settings? And maybe it DOES need to load. It may take a little while.