PDA

View Full Version : After what seems like forever...

vegeta1215
02-15-2003, 10:52 PM
...I finally got a Gamecube! I bought one from Software Etc and took advatage of the buy a GCN get one of four games for free. I picked Metroid Prime :D I can't wait to play the new Zeldas too.

btw, I have a question for any GCN owners...I'm confused about how you are supposed to turn off the GCN. The instructions say to open the disc cover while the game is going (you get a black screen that says close cover to resume), then take the game disc out (you get another black screen that says, please insert you game disc), and then to power down. Is this right?

I dunno, I guess it just feels awkward to take the game out while the power is still on. And the message put on the screen adds to the confusion. You'd think it might say, "Turn your GCN off now, or insert the disc back in to resume play", you know?

LordMagus
02-15-2003, 11:11 PM
It doesn't matter how you turn it off. I just hit the power button. Sometimes I leave a game in for weeks. It doesn't damage the game or the Cube.

Maverick_Zero
02-15-2003, 11:26 PM
I just hit the off button, I don't think it will have any negative effect doing it that way, all though it probably won't hurt to take the game out after using it.

Link 101
02-15-2003, 11:35 PM
I just hit the power button. BTW, congratulations in picking the GCN. Hope you enjoy Metroid Prime! I think you will!

vegeta1215
02-16-2003, 12:58 AM
I just got done with playing it for an hour or so, and all I can say is wow. This game is so cool, and not to mention huge! I can see where this is going...no more sleep or keeping up with homework for me ;)

System Error
02-16-2003, 01:19 AM
I don't have a GCN, but I'd just hit the power button. You are lucky...but I have a PS2! So there!

MottZilla
02-16-2003, 02:45 AM
I think they recommend not leaving discs in the system, and making sure the motor is halted, and laser reset before turning it off, but it really doesn't matter. Just turn off the power. It won't hurt it.

Mak-X
02-16-2003, 03:17 AM
Great! Metroid Prime is awesome, I need to get back to finishing it up myself on my second time through.

stormwatcheagle
02-16-2003, 03:42 AM
I have a gamecube. I wish I got a PS2. Genosaga, DOABVB, .hack, FF10. All games i'll never get to play :cry:

Thunderbird
02-16-2003, 04:58 AM
DOABVB? If that's the volleyball one, it's not on the PS2 :P.

Link 101
02-16-2003, 10:12 AM
Yeah that volleyball one is for XBox, not PS2. I am glad I got a GCN. I would rather have that anyways.

AlexMax
02-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Congratulations.

And there is a little button in the middle that you press in order to pop the CD out. Took me awhile to figure that out, but once I did, I never again feared that I would break my GC games.

vegeta1215
02-17-2003, 01:17 AM
Okay...okay. I just played Metroid Prime for about 2 hours. I need to take a break or I will beat it within a week. I hate when I beat games too quick, but if they didn't make'm so damn good, I wouldn't be so hooked!

jman2050
02-18-2003, 08:40 AM
Give in, vegeta. Trust me, it will hurt you more than help you to wait to play MP :) .

Kairyu
02-18-2003, 11:31 AM
Well, what have you finished up so far in MP? Because you may take longer than you expect. It's pretty huge...

TheGeepster
02-18-2003, 12:18 PM
You have to beat Metroid Prime twice to claim to have really beaten it. After the first time, Hard Mode opens up and it really is tough. I played Hard Mode as far as the Omega Pirate (2nd to last boss of the game, if you count both Primes as a single boss.) I think I got distracted after that. Looking forward to Wind Waker as well.

Anyways I usually just turn it off and leave the CD in.

PS: Hard Mode Omega Pirate is a royal pain in the rear. I couldn't beat him in a dozen tries. Hard mode simply makes the existing enemies tougher, and do more damage to Samus.

vegeta1215
02-18-2003, 03:07 PM
I got the Ice Beam today. The timer has me at a little over 7 hours (it's probably been more than that if you include time spent on pause and looking at the map, which isn't added to that count).

I'm pacing myself, playing about an hour a day to make it last. One thing that bugs me is as I go back to old places, there are harder enemies there. I just fought a group of 3 chozo ghosts, and they aren't fun to fight.