PDA

View Full Version : Odd Future Plans

idontknow
02-14-2003, 08:32 PM
What is meant by the following in the future plans section of zeldaclassic.com (http://www.zeldaclassic.com)

Height combo variable
Z3-style fireballs
Combo format revamping
Cane of Byrna
Cane of Somaria
Enemy HP/Damage multiplier for DMAP
Fix raft use in dungeons

slothman
02-14-2003, 09:34 PM
The enemy multiplier means each DMAP will have a value. If the values is 1 then the enemies have normal hit points in that DMAP. 2 means they are twice as hard to hit, etc. The canes of Somaria and Byrna are from z3 ALTTP, they create a "block" which can be used to activate secrets or thrown. The other cane, I forget which is which, creates a shield for you. As for "Combo format revamping", right now each one has a walkable set for each of the 4 corners, a "different color" for each corner, a combo type, i.e. none, cave, water, burnable, etc., as well as a tile. DN is/was thinking of making multiple combo types available to each tile.
As for the others I don't know.

Saro
02-14-2003, 11:00 PM
The Cane of Somaria is the one that activates secrets and creates blocks. I've never seen a 'Cane of Byrna' before, but by process of elimination, that must be the shielding one.

System Error
02-15-2003, 01:19 AM
Z3 Style Fireballs probably means "Fireballs act like Fireballs from Zelda 3." Height Combo Varible probably is related to how layers act with flying and hopping enemies.

TheGeepster
02-15-2003, 04:19 AM
We do have a Cane of Byrna of sorts in the boots, which can be checked to use magic up, I think.

So what would Height Combo Variable do exactly? Would it act as an absolute block for everything except maybe gliding enemies?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, The Cane of Byrna blocked damage from fireballs and enemies as well, so it would be, in essence, a carryable clock as opposed to what the boots do now.

Saro
02-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Actually, Geep, the 'carryable clock' thing isn't totally true... you could get hurt by running into enemies while you had the clock in Z1. :grad:

In Z3, fireballs travelled just like regular Z1 fireballs, except they made weird sounds when shot and had ember trails after them. That's the only differences I can think of.

TheGeepster
02-15-2003, 11:20 AM
So a Z3 fireball would have a sparkle sprite and a nifty sound then. I see.

System Error
02-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Dungeon Raft fix...now that I think about it...rafts work fine in dungeons...if I remember it correctly. :-/

Praethus
02-16-2003, 02:57 AM
I think Height Variable is for jumping off cliffs.

*b*
02-16-2003, 03:03 AM
or maybe walking under something, then going up a hill and walking over it, like a bridge ? or maybe it was layers

Saro
02-16-2003, 04:05 PM
Correction: You can't get hurt by enemies with the clock. I was just playing Z1 a while ago, and walked right over a Black Moblin while using the clock, free of damage. Sorry if I misled anyone. :mad:

System Error
02-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Well...let me see...you're right! I don't use the clock, however, so I don't have to worry. The Clock is too cheap anyhow.

TheGeepster
02-17-2003, 01:25 AM
Height Variable is one of the things I've been waiting for then. Layers is done according to the thread. I think it may be for cliffs and such.

As for the Naryu's Love/Cane of Byrna (almost the same thing) I imagine they would use a lot of magic. (With normal magic you could use, say 2 casts of Naryu or the Cane of Byrna for a similar amount of time.)

I am curious if Farore's Wind (not implemented yet) would create the need for a "No-Warp" Screen flag to block its use in certain areas.

RipperX
02-17-2003, 03:06 AM
The Cane that makes blocks is pretty cool, but that other one was the most worthless thing in LttP, I have never used it, that cape works better. But wouldn't one need to make a magic meter or do you think that it would be based on Ruples?

TheGeepster
02-17-2003, 03:52 AM
There's already a magic meter and half magic implemented. You can set the candle, lens, boots, and wand to use magic currently.

And am I right that Height Combo Variable would be to allow a person to enter a screen on the top and "hop down" to an otherwise unreachable ledge on the same screen?