PDA

View Full Version : Request for Opera users

The Savior
02-14-2003, 07:10 PM
Does anyone happen to have the Chaninja theme for Opera 6 lying around? I just switched to the Chaninja windows theme, and I'd like Opera to match. The silly people at the Opera site deleted all opera 6 skins, so I can't get it there. Thanks.

vegeta1215
02-14-2003, 07:23 PM
It's still there: http://my.opera.com/customize/skins/skin.pl?id=109

I'm not sure where you were looking :p

The Savior
02-14-2003, 07:29 PM
I dunno why i didn't find it, I searched for it and nothing came up. :shrug: Of course now I find out that old skins don't work with opera 7.

[edit] I just installed opera 6, and I forgot how much better I like than 7. Very nice. :)

MasterSwordUltima
02-14-2003, 11:02 PM
There be a Chaninja windows theme? What version of windows? (I had the Opera skin and button set, but never heard of a windows theme)

The Savior
02-15-2003, 12:03 AM
I know there's one for XP, maybe others if you look. Lemme dig up a link quick.

[edit] http://www.harlequin-online.net/default.asp?PageID=files What's this about a Chaninja skin? I only got the button set...

vegeta1215
02-15-2003, 01:44 AM
I haven't tried Opera 7.0 for Windows yet. I'm not too crazy about the default blue theme. Opera 6.05 though, man, it is nice. By far my favorite browser for Windows.

Opera still has some way to go on Linux, as there are many things they could improve on to make it more stable. Still, the Linux version has a lot of customization options that the other ports don't ;)

MasterSwordUltima
02-15-2003, 01:49 AM
My Opera 6.0 has everything I need. What 'special features' does the Linux version come with?

vegeta1215
02-15-2003, 03:05 PM
It's little differences.

Like in the download manager, I can "Remove all finished downloads" from the list instead of clicking "Remove from list" for each time. You can also move the toolbars around every which way. I wanted to put the windows bar above my address and personal bar so it felt similar to Mozilla - you can't do that in the Windows version.

Lets see...you can configure every hot key and key board shortcut there is, even change the ones that already exist. There is an awesome cookie manager and cookie viewer. And you can also change the fonts for all parts of the program.

Like I said, little differences, but neat ones. Probably made possible because of the wide variety of functions given by the qt3 toolkit. ;)