PDA

View Full Version : Level 9 anteroom boss?

Diverman
02-14-2003, 07:05 PM
First of all , THANK all of you that have helped this aged Zelda Quester!
A few times i have been willing to just delete the whole shootin match, but it IS addictive!!
IVe battled my way to level 9 discovering a multitude of surpises ive found the "path" to the "locked room room with all the shooting stars and the "skull"
There is a cryptic message that says" eyes of the skull hold a secret"
Be doggoned if i can find the "secret" there are ghostly images that appear and
dissapear before you can do much of anything and watch your hearts melt away faster than a snowman in Australia ,

at anyrate im sure i have all the "toys" I.E. Arrows, red ring, a book with a cross on it
,ETC. , tried everything i had without success and now am reduced to begging once again for assistance,{grin}
please accept my thanks and i once again have to say how at first i was ready to give this up,,,,,now,,,,,,,,,, i cannot seem to let it go!!!!

Pete :pirate:

idontknow
02-14-2003, 07:13 PM
um...what quest is this?

Saro
02-14-2003, 07:17 PM
I believe he's talking about the first quest in Z1... the map in LEVEL-9 looks like a skull. In the left 'eye' of the map is the Triforce... there is an item (possibly the Silver Arrow) in the right eye. I think.

vegeta1215
02-14-2003, 07:18 PM
You need the silver arrows to beat level 9 and finish the game. They are well hidden in the dungeon.

The "Eyes of the skull hold a secret" refers to the level 9 map. One of the spots that looks like an eye has rupees or the compass (can't remember which), while the other eye is the room where the final boss is.

Wizrobes, those blue and red guys that dissappear are tough, but with practice, you'll be fine! Good luck!

Saro
02-14-2003, 07:21 PM
I know the right eye is the one with the item and the left eye is the one with the Triforce. I beat it not too long ago... couldn't find the darn Red Ring... :mad:

Diverman
02-14-2003, 07:21 PM
Ok, i have the Silver aroows,,,,,, and it is the first Z quest ill try with the arrows and see what i can do,,,,,, and thanks for the advice!!! its only been since the end of December ive been battling this thing,,LOL ..Thanks again

Saro
02-14-2003, 07:28 PM
You don't really 'do' anything with the arrows... you just need them to kill Ganon when he turns red. I don't know if they have any increased damage if you use them against normal enemies - I've never tried it.

idontknow
02-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Yes, they do! and gold arrows do twice the damage of the silver!

System Error
02-15-2003, 01:21 AM
Golden Arrows are also faster and go through certain enemies.

fatcatfan
02-15-2003, 02:52 AM
And golden arrows are nowhere to be found in the original 1st quest, which this fellow is playing.

Diverman, if things appear to be moving to quickly on your PC, try turning on VSYNC in the ZC menu. That should slow things down a bit

TheGeepster
02-15-2003, 04:10 AM
Well, the hooded enemies are wizzrobes, best taken out with your sword and some patience and dodging. Also, the magic shield deflects their magic. One hit of the magic sword should kill the red ones, which are the ones that appear suddenly (in line with you), fire off magic, and quickly vanish.

Ganon uses a somewhat similar style of attack (stealth and projectiles) He stays invisible and fires off boss fireballs at you from various points in the room. I've been told he moves in a circular path and reverses direction when hit. Anyways, you can beat him with a sword and finish him off with the silver arrow.

The red ring is in the top right corner on the first quest. The room is not marked on the map, similar to the eyes. (I played Zelda for at least a year before I knew about this.)

PS: Just remembered where the silver arrows are as well. It's in the topmost room on the leftmost side under a hidden staircase. You have to take a passageway in addition to the initial passageway to get to the room below it, but I forget from where.

Dr. Mutagen
02-15-2003, 01:53 PM
*sigh* The memories! I remmember back when I used to think that Level 9 was sooooooo hard. It was bigger than the other dungeons, I got lost often, and the place was jam packed with blue Wizzrobes. Now I can beat Level 9 with my eyes closed (Not really).

System Error
02-15-2003, 11:17 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it once more: All that experience with playing custom quests makes playing quests easier!

TheGeepster
02-16-2003, 02:30 AM
Patra? No problem! Not after a nice Patra 3...

Saro
02-16-2003, 04:14 PM
Or 2 Patras, one a Big Circle and one an Oval type, with four fireball statues... yes, it is glorious... IT IS MAGNIFICENT!

Sorry, I've always wanted to say that.

System Error
02-16-2003, 05:01 PM
Or a swarm of Patra typed enemies...I'm not joking here. I really plan to do that, but there'll be a recovery opertunity after each wave of course.