PDA

View Full Version : Combo/Tile Animation

C-Dawg
02-14-2003, 04:40 PM
There are two related problems I'd like to address. They are both really the same issue- timing between combo and tile animation when moving between screens, and how the two don't match up yet.

1. Under what circumstances to tile/combo animation sequences reset when Link enters a new screen?

BH4 raised an interesting point in the ZC forums, and I thought I'd come here to get the answer. Under what circumstances do tile and/or combo animation reset when a screen is entered? It seems to me that, under 182, sometimes my combo animations reset when I enter a room to the first combo, and sometimes they don't. What are the rules governing these exactly?

2. Where does the timing discrepency between combo animation and tile animation come in?

There is already a discrepency between how long it takes one combo to animate over 10 tiles at speed 2 and how long it takes a cell to animate over two combos, each with 5 tiles and speed 2. Having combo and tile animation not reset between screens compounds this problem.

-C

PrinceMSC
02-18-2003, 04:36 AM
I have a question also about combo cycling.

3. How come Combo Cycling doesn't work if it is set as a layer?

I've tried and tried to get combo cycling to work when I layer it. I can take the same combo that is going to cycle and place it as a normal tile on a screen and then place another one as a layer for that screen. They both show up on the same screen, but the one that is layered doesn't go to the next combo. Was it supposed to be like that, or could it be a bug. Or is there another way to make it work?

:king: PrinceMSC:king: