PDA

View Full Version : I'm the only one

KingOfHeart
02-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Today at 2:38PM USA eastern time I was the only one on AGN. No guests and no other members! This site is pretty much dead right now!

War Lord
02-14-2003, 04:18 PM
No, the server had suspended our page....

FWC
14-2-2003-2:37

I'm trying to find the site that is killing your server. I have to suspend likely culprits first to find the right one. Your site has been seriously locking up mySQL with your vB. How many hacks do you have on your board? I'm about to unsuspend it. If the load shoots through the roof again, we'll need to take a look at some of your hacks.

Michael
Tech Support

-----------
No File Attached
Rate This Response
Jarrod Woerner
14-2-2003-2:39

EDIT Ok.
Thanks for letting me know.
If it is indeed my site, let me know, so that we can get it taken care of.

Shadowblazer
02-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Indeed, you must have signed in just as the account was re-enabled.

Apparently our host is having some serious performance problems and they're trying to isolate the site that's hogging their resources. Could very well be us... Our copy of vBulletin has been hacked pretty extensively since the last upgrade (last June). Still, I know this code inside and out and I don't think I've done anything that could affect a server so profoundly.

Only time will tell.

Jemsee
02-14-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Shadowblazer

Only time will tell.

It would be real drag if you had to remove some of your hacks, SB.:(
It all these little things you do around here that makes it feel so much like home. :toast:

Shadowblazer
02-14-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Jemsee

It would be real drag if you had to remove some of your hacks, SB.:(
It all these little things you do around here that makes it feel so much like home. :toast: Well come upgrade time, we'll most likely lose some. I've been planning on getting most of the "integral" hacks up and running on my beta site before doing the upgrade here, but if it turns out that my shoddy coding is killing the server, I may have to move the upgrade up.

Jimmy the Saint
02-14-2003, 09:22 PM
Now call me paranoid but didn't it happen on valentines day ?

I noticed that another site was down and someone else started a thread about getting a virus of the site . Perhaps there was a date triggered virus that spammed the server or the like??

could be and probably am wrong

MrCow
02-14-2003, 10:47 PM
blazer what version of vb are they up to?

MasterSwordUltima
02-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Thats the reason why I use DW's gaming-honor (and a bb1.2 ^_^)

Shadowblazer
02-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Cow..
blazer what version of vb are they up to? 2.3.0 was released yesterday. 3.0 is coming "any day now" ;)

Cronic
02-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Dunno if it helps, but I'm getting the message still on occasion from "Who's online" it's happened about 8 or 9 times in the last few hours, but everything else is working fine.

MrCow
02-15-2003, 11:22 AM
damn 2.3 already is it ssgot a lot fo upgrades and new features at least?