PDA

View Full Version : Laundry and Social Protest

texasdex
02-12-2003, 08:33 PM
During my summer volunteer work for Habitat for Humanity I frequently visited the "lower class" areas of Harrisburg and noticed that the people there were almost all black, as if they were still being forced to live separately from us. Now I realize the true reason for this barrier: Laundry sorting

Think about it. All these years I've been taught to "separate the whites and the darks" but never realized that this was only the voice of reactionary segregationists who are trying to re-indoctrinate the idea of "separate but equal" and Jim Crow. The truth is that even in the laundry the loads are not equal. The whites, for example, can be washed in hot water, with bleach, whereas the darker colors (a.k.a. African Americans) don't get anything but normal detergent and warm water.

The argument that the colors and whites will become "mixed" and the darker colors will bleed onto the whites clearly reeks of eugenics, the practice of "breeding" to keep races "pure." I have never had this problem as long as I've ever done laundry, even if I do throw it all into one (overloaded) cycle. Therefore I must conclude that this is a lie spread by the ultra-right-wing (e.g. Trent Lott).

Therefore as a form of social protest I have decided to never again sort my laundry by color. This policy is a symbol of racism at it's epitome, and I shall have no part in it.

SiliconHero
02-12-2003, 08:34 PM
:lol: The hell? Reminds me of a joke that I heard on an episode of "That's My Bush."

Dart Zaidyer
02-12-2003, 10:43 PM
Recent technological advancements in washing detergents and cleaners have resulted in racial equality for all articles of clothing in every washing machine worldwide.

Heheh.

BebyGoku
02-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Man thats just stupid. Just like some people saying you shouldnt cut your grass because of the lil animals (there vegetarians and animal rights people) that live in your grass. Wich means that you shouldnt bath because of the parasites on your body.....like i said stupid

SiliconHero
02-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by BebyGoku
Man thats just stupid. Just like some people saying you shouldnt cut your grass because of the lil animals (there vegetarians and animal rights people) that live in your grass. Wich means that you shouldnt bath because of the parasites on your body.....like i said stupid

'Twas a joke...I think. But I could see how someone could interpret that as a serious post.

Long story short, :laughing:

satanman
02-13-2003, 02:03 PM
what Dart Zader said - that was for like, 50 years ago, when washing stuff and dyes were crappy, and colours did run. (that, and bleach is designed to remove pigments)
why do people say 'african american', and not just 'african' or 'black' or -insert Gangsta black thingy here- :p, even when the people aren't from africa or america.
*remembers the south park episode about the flag, the kids didn't notice the guy being hung was balck, and the others were white*