PDA

View Full Version : Fallout/Fallout 2

VashdeStampedo!
02-12-2003, 03:08 PM
I must say that you all MUST play Fallout, along with it's superior sequel, Fallout 2. Not Fallout Tactics, because it has no plot and doesn't fit in the storyline. But the two FO RPGs are great; they have as open endings as you can have on a PC game. Plus, it's a real RPG, not just a game with levels and quests, like D2, which most people seem to think makes it an RPG.

El Oso Verde
02-12-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by VashdeStampedo!
I must say that you all MUST play Fallout, along with it's superior sequel, Fallout 2.

Will do. My friend down the street has both, and I've got the next few days off work with no car.

DarkDragoonX
02-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Fallout kicks ass.

If you like Fallout, you should try playing Planescape: Torment. It's good stuff.

VashdeStampedo!
02-13-2003, 11:18 AM
I've seen that; it looks good.

Mr. 207
02-13-2003, 02:40 PM
I actually just bought Fallout 1 and 2 for $5.25 as a package deal. Not a bad deal for two pretty good RPG's.

Jimmy the Saint
02-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Yeah i've played Fallout 1 & 2 and thought they were brilliant.

Aparrently their making a new game called Lionheart which is based on the Fallout system but it is set in medieval europe. Seems weird with magic and stuff but you still pick perks and spend skill points in things like unarmed combat. Wonder if they'll pull it off and make it a good game?

I do think that Planscape: Torment is better though, but i'm a big fan of the Baldur's Gate series and Planscape is made with the same engine that made Baldur's gate. I wouldn't tackle Planscape unless your into alot of reading dialogue and having things like weird foalting skulls as members of your parties.

I think all these games have the same maker Interplay / Black Isle which IMO make the best RPG's because they always have an intriguing storyline .