PDA

View Full Version : wierd keystroke comobs

idontknow
02-09-2003, 10:46 PM
has anybody noticed that certain keystroke combinations do really weird things (other than the hotkeys that have already been mentioned) such as:
Ctrl + 1, 2, or 3 changes your sword
Ctrl + 4 Darkens the black border around the playing feild slightly
Ctrl + 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 changes what the color of the map border (at least for the overworld anyway)
Ctrl + 0 deletes your current sword altogether
Ctrl + ` (the key to the left on #1) seems to make Link instantly "warp" via a pit and the "insta- w/ wave fx" type
^These all work w/ or w/out cheats activated

If you noticed any other "odd keystroke combos" please post them here as i have. Also, what combo of keystrokes fills your magic meter? i read this somewhere but have never remembered it...anyone know?

Ganonator
02-10-2003, 01:37 AM
old news my friend. these are debug keys that were left in from b182, taken out for the newest version.

Zaggarum
02-10-2003, 01:38 AM
Yep sure have. I rather not mess with that, so I leave it alone,

fatcatfan
02-10-2003, 01:11 PM
The tilde button actually changes the subscreen type. But yeah, you could mess stuff up using these keys.

DarkWarrior
02-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Ctrl + S key gives changes your shield. Useful for those like likes:smile: Won't work when you have the Mirror Shield.

System Error
02-10-2003, 07:49 PM
, and . change the MIDI that is playing.

P pauses the game.

A pauses the game if it isn't already and makes it advance one frame for each press.

Spike
02-10-2003, 10:00 PM
Right Arrow + f pauses it also, I found this while trying to run around and turn on/off fast while doing so for testing my quest. Strange... and ticks me off :p Anyway, it's in the latest version. :(

System Error
02-10-2003, 11:36 PM
There's also a key that teaches Link the slash, but I forgot exactly what it was. W toggles the clock on and off.

cbailey77
02-14-2003, 08:58 PM
You could get yourself a free Master Sword using the debug keys! Pretty funny! especially on REALLY HARD QUESTS! lol

:)