PDA

View Full Version : Working w/ layers in ZQuest v192b182?

SiliconHero
02-09-2003, 07:57 PM
I recently downloaded one of plith's compilation chipsets, and it has pieces for buildings and tents. I want to construct a town, but I can't get the black space to disappear for the roof of the house/tent. This concept of graphic layers is a bit new to me.

System Error
02-09-2003, 08:03 PM
Okay, put the top of the house/tent/tree/etc. on another DMap. Don't put it on the actual map it'll be used on. After placing them in the right spot, fill up the brown spaces with blank tiles, and return to the screen on the town. Go into layers on the Options menu, and type in the DMap and screen number of the top of the structure on Layer 3 or higher. If you placed them right, they will will appear in the right spot. If not, move them over!

When testing in ZClassic, you'll see Link will be able to walk behind the Layered part.

SiliconHero
02-09-2003, 08:26 PM
Cool. It worked! Thanks.

C-Dawg
02-09-2003, 08:57 PM
Not chipsets. Tilesets.

And layers are more easily used in the following manner. If you go to the layer screen and click on the box with a star, you can select a map that ALL screens on the current map will use for layers. That is, every screen on the map you point it to will be over every screen on the current map. This makes it easy to layer.

If you press PgUp you will see a series of check boxes- check on the higher layers to edit them where you are.

Much easier than running between maps.

-C

System Error
02-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Well, sometimes that has caused me some problems when accidently hitting the *. But yeah, it does work better. :)