PDA

View Full Version : initial direction

idontknow
02-09-2003, 05:34 PM
which way do enemies initially face?...this is helpful because if i know, lets say, that all enemies face to the left when they are placed via flags, then when i want to use them for a custom boss, i would want to place it on the right side so that it shoots to the left...i had a crocktorok on the top for another custom boss and its blocked by unwalkable combos and layers and such, so now it does not actually shoot at link...hmm....perhaps all enemies face left initialy when they are placed by enemy flags, which would be pretty wierd, and helpful

Spike
02-09-2003, 05:41 PM
I believe they initially face in random directions. Why don't you check yourself anyway? Not too much work... anyway, good luck with that boss, it's all i've been reading about from you! :p

idontknow
02-09-2003, 05:56 PM
hahaha!...i desperately need some advice...i suck at custom bosses..i'm just trying to figure it all out...cuz everytime i think i have an idea, it doesn't work propertly...and yeah, it seems like enemies only start facing to the left when they are placed via the enemy flags...hmm...i guess i have some things to work out...but if anybody has any suggestions, feel free to give 'em away! :) also, could somebody PLEASE direct me towards a place where i could get good sprites to use--and sprites that are easy to recolor?!!! even if its not a zc website...thanx!

Spike
02-09-2003, 06:05 PM
Sorry I can't help you there. But I'm sure you can find lots of sprites for your quest if you go to yahoo! and type in "name of game" sprites. Works great! Good way for getting Chrono Trigger sprites too. :D

Saro
02-09-2003, 06:05 PM
You don't have to make your custom boss that fancy... you could do like Nightmare did and put three Blue Lynels in a room with 6 fire-shooting statues and only 4 HCs and a Red Candle to defeat them with...

Spike
02-09-2003, 06:08 PM
Lol Saro! But I think IDK wants little more *advanced* Custom boss, and he's trying to learn his ZQuestnessnessness... So eh, up to him.