PDA

View Full Version : Free Form Dungeon Questions

Spike
02-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Is it supposed to bring Link in 2 spaces if he passes an area which has no door in freeform? Also, in one of my rooms I assigned 2 stalfos and they show up, but on another screen I assigned 4 stalfos and they don't even show up! is it because there's layers or because there's something they can get stuck in? (Water) That's a really good screen and I really don't want to destroy it, thanks.

-Spike

Ganonator
02-09-2003, 04:40 PM
if there are solid combos on the original places where enemies appear, they will not show. Make sure you set them correctly with the enemy placement flags.

idontknow
02-09-2003, 04:48 PM
yes, Link is supposed to automatically walk 2 spaces from the edge in freeform dungeons--because of the original border that had been put there...also, sometimes enemies don't appear, or don't move, if they are w/in the invisible 2 tiles border...also, note that because of the original border, enemies still do not attack when Link is within the border and also stay frozen when they are placed there or when the "enter from sides" pattern is enabled...hopefully this will be fixed in future versioins!

Spike
02-09-2003, 04:51 PM
Oh, so if a room is mostly water, than enemies most likely won't appear without personally assigning them with the flag placement, huh? Well, I did that before you posted and got it to work, but thanks anyway.

Is link supposed to move in two spaces no matter where he walks in from, besides on the overworld?

idontknow
02-09-2003, 05:14 PM
basically in dungeons, whether the "freeform dungeon" rule is checked or not, Link is supposed to walk 2 tiles in..i believe this is due to having functional shutters in dungeons...Link must be forced to walk automatically, 2 tiles in so that he doesn't get stuck in the shutter--so, whether there are walkable combos or unwalkable combos at the edge of a screen in a dungeon, Link will walk 2 tiles in...

Spike
02-09-2003, 05:29 PM
I guess I'll have to be careful with this. :rolleyes: but no matter what, that's what makes some dungeons as good as they are. :D