PDA

View Full Version : Private Category

MottZilla
02-09-2003, 05:48 AM
Why is it showing up here despite nothing under it? Isn't the Category supposed to be hidden as well?

goKi
02-09-2003, 06:01 AM
I did notice that before i got on staff... its not really doing any harm, seeing as everyone knows there is a hidden category..

Ganonator
02-09-2003, 07:17 AM
however, you can't see the ZC beta tester forum, not even the category header, unless you are one. Very interesting indeed. Maybe its just there to prove that it exists. I don't have a clue.

goKi
02-09-2003, 07:51 AM
Ganonator - I assume that double post was a mistake, seeing as both posts contained the same text

*Post Deleted*

MottZilla
02-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Uh, but the ZC beta testing forum is a forum, NOT a category. We are talking "Main Forums" "Zelda Classic Forums" and then there is Private. I why it's there. There should be a way to hide it.

Ganonator
02-09-2003, 04:46 PM
Thanks Goki - I have no idea why it double posted.

& Mott - you are mistaken. The Beta Forum is a category. Its called ZC Development, and it has Discussion, Suggestions, Bugs, Bugs, and Bugs.

MottZilla
02-09-2003, 04:59 PM
Well I haven't seen it in along while so there you go.

Shadowblazer
02-09-2003, 10:29 PM
The Private category doesn't have any forums in it and everybody has access to view it, that's why it always appears. All the forums were moved out of it at one point because it was believed that the reason many people were getting default access to a number of the private forums was because of the way permissions for the Private category were set up.

I've since gotten a better understanding of permissions though, so that setup isn't really necessary anymore. I'll fix it so that you don't see the category unless you have a reason to from now on ;)