PDA

View Full Version : combo cycling ideas

idontknow
02-08-2003, 05:31 PM
here some ideas to throw out there as to how combo cycling could be used efficiently:
-slashable statues
-moving pits/stairs
-falling floors
-Bushes that grow back after being slashed
-Conveyors that stop & go or change directions
-Blocks that change push properties
-Damaging Spikes that go up & down
-Animating Shutters
-Moving Triggers
-Moving Obstacles
-Blocks that suddenly hurt you
-Eyeball Statues
-Custom Bosses
-Moving Overhead Objects
-Retracting Magic Sponges
if ya wanta know more, feel free to ask...

VEL
02-08-2003, 05:38 PM
I used combo cycling to make this dungeon entrance rise out of the water when the whistle is blown, instead of it just appearing without any rising animation.

http://www.kenoshaonline.com/zelda/level6.gif

TheGeepster
02-08-2003, 06:17 PM
C-Dawg has some doozies of ideas as well. I will have to take a gander and see what EEEEEvil things I can do.

idontknow
02-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Vel, how do you make those red markers appear on your map? its as though you have compass markers (see my suggestion about mutliple special compass markers)

VEL
02-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by idontknow
Vel, how do you make those red markers appear on your map? its as though you have compass markers (see my suggestion about mutliple special compass markers)

The dmap type is BS overworld, and you can mark areas on the map if you use that type. The red markers are the locations of the first 4 dungeons.

Cloral
02-08-2003, 10:36 PM
In fact, that dungeon entrance is straight from BS Zelda - level 6, if I recall properly.

idontknow
02-08-2003, 10:56 PM
hmm...i didn't realize that...perhaps you could do the same thing with dungeon and cave dmaps in the future...thats actually pretty cool...for BS overworld, do door combos work just as they do in dungeons?...whats the size of the BS overworld?, the same as a regular overworld? do you need to find the compass on a BS overworld dmap to make the red marks appear?...What does BS stand for? i could definately use this in my dungeon maps too actually!

VEL
02-08-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Cloral
In fact, that dungeon entrance is straight from BS Zelda - level 6, if I recall properly.
Yes, it is. The screenshot is from my remake of BS Zelda.

hmm...i didn't realize that...perhaps you could do the same thing with dungeon and cave dmaps in the future...thats actually pretty cool...for BS overworld, do door combos work just as they do in dungeons?...whats the size of the BS overworld?, the same as a regular overworld? do you need to find the compass on a BS overworld dmap to make the red marks appear?...What does BS stand for? i could definately use this in my dungeon maps too actually!

Doors don't work on it as far as I know. It is half the size of a regular overworld. The red marks are there from the beginning, the compass doesn't affect them. I'm not sure what BS stands for, I've heard different people say different things, the B is Broadcast or Bandai, and the S is satelitte.

idontknow
02-09-2003, 12:00 AM
i think that when you go to the dmap editor and you select where you want the squares to appear when you get the dmap, you could click once to set it like you do now, but when you click a second time, it changes to a red square which makes it a room that flashes red when you get the compass, in addition; this would make for having multi-compass markers and pointing out certain spot in your dungeon...i really, really, really want this!

TheGeepster
02-09-2003, 04:12 AM
BS refers to the style of LoZ that came from BS Zelda. So it refers to that. However, I'm not sure what that BS was short for.

fatcatfan
02-18-2003, 04:19 PM
i think that when you go to the dmap editor and you select where you want the squares to appear when you get the dmap, you could click once to set it like you do now, but when you click a second time, it changes to a red square which makes it a room that flashes red when you get the compass

That could be handy for marking treasure chest locations on maps, as well as marking which ones you have collected so far. No promises, but I like the idea, and I might try to work it in. Though I think we'd just have regular non-flashing markers that you can set. The flashing marking should continue to identify the boss room.

System Error
02-18-2003, 08:02 PM
fatcatfan, the flashing marker COMMONLY is placed in the room of the Triforce or whatever. You can set it to wherever you want. But yeah, I agree, there still should be an option to mark rooms like that. And if I use a BS Overworld, is BS Animation automatically used? I don't like BS Animation! It's BullShit because its quite a triffle buggy!

VEL
02-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by System Error
And if I use a BS Overworld, is BS Animation automatically used? I don't like BS Animation! It's BullShit because its quite a triffle buggy!

They are seperate. BS Overworld is another dmap type like overworld, dungeon, and cave.