PDA

View Full Version : animating shutters

idontknow
02-08-2003, 11:34 AM
i know some people have asked about this and others already know how to do this, but i'll make a post about how this is done:

1. make the door that you want to look as if its shutting by making a series/sequence of tiles where the shutter part appears to be dropping from the top...i suggest having about 6 or 7 tiles in this sequence

2. then make it an unwalkable combo and set the animation frames appropriately and set the animatiion speed to about 8.

3. Then make an open door combo thats on the same side of the animating shutter combo. Link the open door combo to the animating shutter combo. Then place this open door combo to wherever you want it to be..doesn't have to be in the middle...which is great for making shutters anywhere!

4. If its meant to be a one-way shutter, then you're pretty much done. If its a shutter that could be opened, then place secret flags on it for each part of the door and define the secret flags for open door combos (make sure the combos are the opened door ones that are not linked to the shutters). Then set the enemy-->secrets screen flag for traditional type shutters or just leave this unchecked & have some sort of way to trigger the secret flags...these are good with "crystal switches" that have a strike flag on them, but could also be good for any weapon flags

TaDah! Now you could have fully functional shutters wherever ya want!