PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Beldaran
02-08-2003, 04:06 AM
If you have any political leanings at all, you should read this. It is excellent. Not reading would be a HUGE loss on your part. [I hope C-Dawg reads it]

Politics and Individuals (http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=6006)

Matteo
02-08-2003, 04:20 AM
Brilliant article... I don't think its a political article though It rings more of an expose on how strange modern "justice" is in America... I think its a unfair stab at the generalization of "left" thinking though because the author is fighting standards that of course are very left wing based (such as welfare or affirmative action) and kind of ignoring some of the problems that some right wing based actions have such as the fact that 10% of this nation has something like 80-90% of its wealth and the fact that we spend more on the military than on education.

Great article though :thumbsup:

fatcatfan
02-08-2003, 12:55 PM
Has Rush seen this? It's Good Stuffä.

Paradox
02-08-2003, 01:48 PM
If individuals can step outside the box that has been created for them, then identity politics has no meaning.

KINGOFALLME2
02-08-2003, 01:52 PM
This my opnion cause i'm a kid but...politics suck.

Dechipher
02-08-2003, 03:01 PM
Politics are neccesary. Without politics, and political parties, many people wouldn't follow their leaders.

Politics can suck. But they can also help. Kinda hard to explan.

Fatty Lumpkin
02-08-2003, 03:26 PM
That's a very good article. How did conservative America turn into this liberal hell that exists today, anyway?

Maverik X
02-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Hmm. Made me think. I don't know a whole lot about politics, despite what I may say. I know just enough to pass for inteligent, and that's not a whole lot these days, unfortunately. I also know that I'm mostly Democrat, as some of you may have guessed by some of my posts. I found especially interesting the author's views on the left; for example, his ideas that the group always comes before the individual. It reminded me somewhat of the Party in "1984," where confomaty ruled and it was actually a crime to be individual. However, I doubt that current Leftists would do anything to create a society like that, and if they did, I would gladly shoot myself.

TheGeepster
02-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Very interesting article. I love the irony in it. It also hints at the fact nothing has changed for certain Democratic constituents who still complain about many of the same things as 20 years ago.

fatcatfan
02-09-2003, 10:00 PM
Shortly after posting here, I watched an somewhat interesting movie called "The Last Supper". It's about this "family" of college students (liberals) who start inviting to dinner at their house people who have opposing world views, and poisoning them and burying them in the back yard.

Now, I know this doesn't typify liberals, but I thought it was an interesting, if somewhat pointless, movie.

TheGeepster
02-10-2003, 06:11 AM
Say, I was gonna cook a big meal fatcat, and I was curious if you wanted to come over and eat. Afterwards you could take a look at my 'mock' gravesite. :evil:

Nah, what I've noticed is that liberals mostly gab and protest the opposing side, no matter WHAT they say. After all, speech is free, but the death penalty is just evil.

Fatty Lumpkin
02-10-2003, 01:55 PM
It's amazing how close-minded people who claim to be open-minded can be. I was watching a news report a while back about a guy in college who got it on with a girl after they had both been drinking. But a week later, she said he raped her. He was just about shunned by most of the students, and they wouldn't even listen to his side of the story.

deathbyhokie
02-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Fatty Lumpkin
It's amazing how close-minded people who claim to be open-minded can be. I was watching a news report a while back about a guy in college who got it on with a girl after they had both been drinking. But a week later, she said he raped her. He was just about shunned by most of the students, and they wouldn't even listen to his side of the story.

well if the chick's intoxicated she cannot legeally consent. keep that in mind guys.

Fatty Lumpkin
02-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Ah yes, but they were both intoxicated. Therefore he also could not give consent.