PDA

View Full Version : Just played Wind Waker Demo.

Brasel
02-08-2003, 12:49 AM
After work tonight at the big "W", I was perusing over the video games as I usually do after work. I found that the new Zelda game had a demo!! I played it for a bit and decided that I really like these graphics! I didn't play for too long cause I wanted to get my butt home.

I am REALLY looking forward to getting this game.

Mak-X
02-08-2003, 01:24 AM
I preorded The Wind Waker today, and can pick up the bonus disc Sunday at Electronics Boutique. I played the Boss part of the demo for 20secs. The graphics are amazing. It does look like a cartoon in motion, but even still the graphics are just on a level that I don't think have been done before, you have to see it in motion. It felt just like Ocarina of Time, lock on, jump back, pull out the sword, attack with b, use y or x for items like the hookshot.

Ganonator
02-08-2003, 01:38 AM
I was going to make this post about a half hour before Anthony did, but I had to get my hair cut :sweat:

It was, well, interesting. The use of the hookshot, which looked more like Link throwing a rope with a hook on the end of it, is VERY cool. Of course, i didn't get to use it, but the implications are pretty sweet.

I am actually more excited about the Master Quest disc...

Maverick_Zero
02-08-2003, 11:42 AM
The Master Quest is just OoT, with different monsters put in different places. It's just a bit harder, I don't get why people are looking forward to it so much. :confused:

But the Wind Waker does look good, I don't care about the graphics.

Yoshiman
02-08-2003, 11:46 AM
See, that's the problem with people. They just look at the graphics part of the game and not the actual play value. But I heard that the game looks alot better in motion than in screeshots, anyway.

Kirbypuff
02-08-2003, 12:08 PM
I thought you could only preorder the game on the 14th...

AlexMax
02-08-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Yoshiman
See, that's the problem with people. They just look at the graphics part of the game and not the actual play value. But I heard that the game looks alot better in motion than in screeshots, anyway.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Dr. Mutagen
02-08-2003, 08:28 PM
I'm finally glad some people woke up and smelled the coffee! Personally, people who hate games because of the screenshots bug me. I haven't preordered Wind Waker yet, but I might next weekend.