PDA

View Full Version : Free Form Dungeons, is it really worth it?

Spike
02-06-2003, 08:00 PM
When using the rule Freeform dungeons so you have to layer your doors is it really worth it?, you can still make screens without doors can't you? You just have to make sure no non walkable blocks are 2 spaces ahead right? So is layering EVERY single room in your dungeon worth being able to remove the outer barrier? Any help on what is best to use for a quest, thanks. :eyebrow:

Saro
02-06-2003, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't say it's worth it in my opinion, since that would just require a lot more work to place something that is already there. I'm sure it's easy to add some great dungeon eye-candy without having to do more work and go freeform.

Praethus
02-06-2003, 08:11 PM
Make your doors overhead combos and you don't have to layer it. It'll work by just putting the door there.

VEL
02-06-2003, 08:35 PM
--Moved to ZC Quest Editor Help--

idontknow
02-06-2003, 08:58 PM
its by far a good investment!!! i mean, its definately worth it! you don't have to put a layer on every screen! don't know who told ya that...you just have to make the part of the door that you walk under an "overhead combo" which has nothing at all to do with layers...this is worth it because with out it, you wouldn't be able to cross screens unless in the very center of the edges, even if you do in fact have all walkable combos there because, in addition to an automatic overhead border, it actually puts in an unwalkable boundary that actually prevents you from walking around the outter edge...i mean, who wants to limit their doors to only the middle?...with freeform dungeon, you dont have to put a wall on every single side of every screen and you can pretty much put doors wherever you want!!! i say that it is worth it! classic dungeons are just fairly boring/plain in my opinion!

Ganonator
02-06-2003, 11:16 PM
also, you have the ability to then go ahead and make a castle or something with large connecting rooms, not just door by door. I definitely use this feature a lot.

TheGeepster
02-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Definitely something I'll use in the future...

Turn-A Gamer
02-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Take a look at Hidden Duality and tell me if it's worth it :D

Spike
02-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Hrmmm, damn help file... Guess I'll never refer to it again. :D And now, to use that overhead combo thing... One question, if you already have door sets and mess with the combo in the door set, do you have to reset the door set and put them all back in?

idontknow
02-07-2003, 07:34 PM
no...just figure out which combos the door combos use and then go to these combos in the combo page and change the one you would walk under to "overhead", then, all door type combos would change appropriately...

Spike
02-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Mmmmm, I see great dungeons in my future. :D Or not... Anyway, thanks everyone, question answered