PDA

View Full Version : Best Quest

guyjin
02-06-2003, 01:26 AM
In your opinion, what are the 5 best original (by which I mean new) quests ever made for zelda classic? and where can I get them? ;)

C-Dawg
02-06-2003, 01:39 AM
This could be a chance for some nice, objective quest talk if we do it right. Let's make some ground rules here, before things get outta hand- how about no quest designer can reccomend his or her own quest. Gotta reccomend someone else's.

Personally, I'd suggest you pick up Hidden Duality, Fall uh de Honkey Pig, Turnabout, and Revenge2 (for old time's sake).

Keep an eye out for Descendant, Mystic Land, and Peote's Mega Man quest- they're all under production and very promising.

-C

VEL
02-06-2003, 01:43 AM
--Moved to Quest Announcement/Discussion--
;)

Ganonator
02-06-2003, 03:14 AM
The Eckland quest, james.qst and new.qst < they might both be classic graphics, but DAMN they were good.

If you want a quest that is challenging beyond belief, go ahead and get hidden duality. If you want a quest that's pretty much the same thing w/o a dark world motif, pick up Link's Odyssey, which is in my sig.

guyjin
02-06-2003, 03:45 AM
The quest database seems to be down... anyone know where else I could get quests?

carrot red
02-06-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
This could be a chance for some nice, objective quest talk if we do it right. Let's make some ground rules here, before things get outta hand- how about no quest designer can reccomend his or her own quest. Gotta reccomend someone else's.

Personally, I'd suggest you pick up Hidden Duality, Fall uh de Honkey Pig, Turnabout, and Revenge2 (for old time's sake).

Keep an eye out for Descendant, Mystic Land, and Peote's Mega Man quest- they're all under production and very promising.

-C

I wanna be clear about the rules we're setting here.
- Are we talking about completed fully released quests here?
Because I hear about a lot of good original quests that are still
in the making like Petoe's , Prince's and Blonde's....And I've
played so many promising quests to be, that were never
completed, that I wait for final releases....
-Ganonator just recommended his own, so...

Should we do it now and start all over again after the contest or should we wait a while?

Cronic
02-06-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by guyjin
The quest database seems to be down... anyone know where else I could get quests?

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68058

That thread has links to over 300.

Foxx
02-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Yeah, Turnabout, Eckland, as well as Revenge II and Hidden Duality are all outstanding quality. I would also recommend Hopper's Quest by Grasshopper, War Lord's Fantasy Hyrule and Shadowblazer's Tiny Quest -- all timeless classics. The links can be found in JayeM's topped thread.

ShadowTiger
02-06-2003, 11:34 AM
I think that quests that manage to achieve original ideas are the new greats. There has really yet to be a true minigame in any ZC quest, with the -possible- exception of how you get the wallet in DoY. But that probably might not even count. I tried a few times, and I suppose they turned out pretty well..... but... Original ideas can bump a quest up significantly. Some quests won't be long, but they will be very impressive. Quality over quantity, they say.

But I have yet to see a quest other than the above that will do these. But I'm working on it. ;)

Soaring Eagle
02-06-2003, 05:35 PM
If you want a quest that may take you a while, try Hell Awaits. It's a 1.90 version, but good. Also, try fantasia.qst, taken from The Neverending Story. Both can be found at JayeM's QDB.