PDA

View Full Version : I got an interview! ^_^

inori
02-05-2003, 05:34 PM
I just got an e-mail today...

Congratulations! The Embassy of Japan in Washington, DC has completed reviewing your application for the 2003 JET Program, and we are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to move on to the interview stage of the JET selection process.

I'm one step closer to going back to Japan! Woohoo! :kawaii:

Beldaran
02-05-2003, 05:37 PM
Congratulations and good luck, sir.

stormwatcheagle
02-05-2003, 05:37 PM

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, what are you appling for?

Jemsee
02-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Good for you inori, I know you have been wanting this for some time.
So when and where is the interview?
Do you have to go to DC for it?
Good luck! :thumbsup:

inori
02-05-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, what are you appling for?

I'm applying for the JET program, which would put me in Japan starting next August to teach English to junior high/high school kids. Wanna find out about it? http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/jet/.

BTW, you need a bachelor's degree to apply for JET, or at least have to show that you'll have one before you leave for Japan. ;)

Originally posted by Jemsee
So when and where is the interview?
Do you have to go to DC for it?

The interview is in a couple of weeks or so. They had me pick my preferred date/times; my first choice was Friday the 21st. The interview's in Japantown in San Francisco (near the Japanese consulate)... fortunately for me. Flying across the country for an interview would be a pain in the rear, but I can get to Japantown via subway/bus. :kawaii:

gdorf
02-05-2003, 06:43 PM
Sweet man! I'm sure you'll go show them what your made of and be accepted on the spot. :) I remember you posting before, but I forgot some of it. Are you going to teach in Japan?