PDA

View Full Version : Wolf's All Stars!

DarkFlameWolf
02-05-2003, 01:26 PM
Based on a idea that I give credit to Saro for, I decided to make my own All Star quest. No puzzles, no real item finding, just pure unadulterated hack-n-slash fun. You start with 16 full hearts, 1 red potion, wooden sword and shield, a couple misc. items to get you started. The basic objective is to go through each dungeon, fight through all enemies to the end, beat the boss and get the item to move onto the next level. There will be a second red potion for you at the halfway point since I'm doubling the number of dungeons you must face with only 1 red potion, it just wouldn't be right. The final battle will be with 2 death knights with only a red ring. I'll put some obstacles in the arena to help you dodge and evade as best you can. This will truly test your zelda fighting skills. Here is a image of the top three screens of the overworld. It'll be a small overworld, about 3x6 in size. So you really can't get lost.
http://www.planetdescent.com/darkwolf/temporary/allstar.jpg

carrot red
02-05-2003, 01:40 PM
I like it. I'm game. And thank you for the "so you really can't get lost".:)

jman2050
02-05-2003, 01:41 PM
This is similar to the other idea I had for a quest, a dungeon crawler, not neccesarily a battle of skill but of endurance. Remember the 99 floor dungeon in Lufia II? Imagine that in Zelda form.

Saro
02-05-2003, 02:12 PM
Well, now, don't I just suddenly feel honored... :king:

DarkFlameWolf
02-05-2003, 02:46 PM
heh, it'll include the hammer, hookshot, etc. so to make the quest that much longer. It'll start off pretty easy, easier than Saro's quest but it will get extremely hard at the end with gleeok 2's, gohma 4's, etc.

Cronic
02-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Look for a finished copy in what... A week? =)

DarkFlameWolf
02-05-2003, 03:39 PM
lol, not with school...bleh....maybe 2 weeks.

idontknow
02-05-2003, 04:20 PM
i really like the tiles that appear to be a "dungeon entrance" on the last screen...can have those? got any more dungeon tiles/sets?

JayeM
02-05-2003, 04:34 PM
They're from one of the Gameboy games, Glenn probably has them in his color Gameboy set.

DarkFlameWolf
02-05-2003, 08:26 PM
or from Plith's Descendant tileset.

NerdWarrior
02-05-2003, 10:58 PM
*cough* Expect my improvement on the idea soon as well. I'm using the 182 newfirst, so no graphics to worry about really. The first two areas are total bitches. It took ME 15 minutes to finish them, and I had to use all my potion too...:sweat: too hard maybe?

Saro
02-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Probably... it usually takes me until about level 4 or 5 to use up the first potion on my game...

DarkFlameWolf
02-06-2003, 12:48 AM
I only used up one portion of the potion in level 8

EDIT: Here's a rehashed version of my overworld that I've made thus far...not complete yet, but its almost halfway done. Doesn't need to be big for its purpose. Any discrepancies you see inbetween screen transitions have been noted and fixed. :)
http://www.planetdescent.com/darkwolf/temporary/allstar2.jpg