PDA

View Full Version : Heres an interesting read about drugs.

Verman
02-05-2003, 11:35 AM
story bout a guy who killed himself online....

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0203fatalwebcast03-ON.html

Excerpts from the chat:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0203weblog-ON.html

Breaker
02-05-2003, 11:38 AM
Might not want to abbreviate the actual address of the link when you're attempting to tell others of it.

Verman
02-05-2003, 11:42 AM
ah shit...sorry i copied and pasted it...ill edit and change it ;)

Ich
02-05-2003, 01:15 PM
[04:23] <ripper> its safe
[04:23] <ripper> I know what I'm doing

When I support legalization, I mean I support Marijuana legalization. He was really filled up with a lot of shit that's dangerous in moderation.

Ganonator
02-05-2003, 03:11 PM
that's extremely scary.. someone would OD on drugs because of 'internet peer pressure' damn...

stormwatcheagle
02-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Goes to show you, 80% of chat room people are either idiots or scum

Mander
02-05-2003, 10:55 PM
I've been following this story at a forum my son goes to and it makes for some very scary reading.

KINGOFALLME2
02-05-2003, 10:57 PM
JEBUSES! Only pscyhopaths do drugs. Why does there even have 2 be such a thing in the world anyway? Some drugs kill more lives then they save!

Rijuhn
02-05-2003, 11:12 PM
That's just fucked up. That's all I can really say about it. It's very sad, but no one in the chat room could of prevented it, even if they tried. Not unless they were to FBI with tracers to his phoneline, address, and a private jet to fly to his house.

Herban_legend
02-06-2003, 02:44 AM
wow thats really fucked up......not really the people in that chatrroom though......most fo them were trying to help...and plus that kinda thing would be pretty hard to believe anyway...that a person is dying right in front of your eyes? What would you have done?

Verman
02-06-2003, 04:42 PM
I would have done nothing....

He could easily have been making it up....

So the outcome would have been the same.

BTW: Kingofallme2 you are calling alot of people pscyhopaths with the statment "Only pscyhopaths do drugs". Everyone does drugs of one form or another....asprin, ibprofin(sp?). etc...

Only pscyhcos take a bunch of shit on the internet and die though..

Samson007
02-07-2003, 06:23 PM
What a mo-tard. Who actually takes people on the internet seriously.

I was playing an internet game the other day and some chick said "fuck you" so i said, "ok, drop your pants" and I got kicked out!

Mr. 207
02-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Its ludicrious of the family to imply that anyone in that chatroom could have done anything for this guy. I don't know what kind of misconceptions they have about the internet, but there are VERY few people who would have the internet/computer skills to trace his IP back to his house and get his info that would be sitting in a drug chatroom. (or whatever kind of room it was)

Fatty Lumpkin
02-07-2003, 07:56 PM
What would you have done?

What could a person do? Call 911 and say "Yeah, I'm in a chat room and this guy's about to die. No, I don't know where he is. So can ya help him?"

KINGOFALLME2
02-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Verman

BTW: Kingofallme2 you are calling alot of people pscyhopaths with the statment "Only pscyhopaths do drugs". Everyone does drugs of one form or another....asprin, ibprofin(sp?). etc...

Only pscyhcos take a bunch of shit on the internet and die though..

see! I knew some1 would understaned me!I take Aderol...but i sorta ment psycho are the people who take for drugs a different reason instead to help themselve. But i woulda done sometin...like called 911......quick whats the number(j/k)?

Do people use aderol and stuff to get high? I wonder....not that i would do it or anythin!

Yoshiman
02-07-2003, 11:32 PM
How was he able to type when he was taking the drug? wouldn't his typing star to look like hits/*

*this

Maverik X
02-07-2003, 11:54 PM
No PacMan! Drugs are bad! \

Anyway, I agree that everyone takes a drug of some kind. I take four every day. However, two things apply in my case. One, they are perscribed to me by my doctor. Second, I take them as perscribed, and not in excess or when I shouldn't. That's the difference.

All the drugs that are not perscribed, i.e. marijuana and the like, are illegal, and should not be taken under any circumstances, with the possible exception of those who use it medically, and in those cases, it should be the supply that is grown by the government that lacks some of the chemicals that cause major brain damage and such.

The idea that a chat room actually caused the overdose of this man is absurd. Chances are that he would have overdosed anyway, weather it had been then or somewhere else. Also, it wouldn't be reasonable, much less possible, to hold any of the people in the chat accountable if they even considered it at all.

Also, people have been known to snort Ritalin to get high, so yes, it is plausable that Aderol could be used to get high.