PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at the pallettes....

Demimore
02-05-2003, 07:13 AM
Dungeon pallettes 1-9 can be seen by pressing NUM1-9.... But how do you look at the other colors? Is that possible? If so, how do you do?

ShadowTiger
02-05-2003, 09:01 AM
Oh, I believe that you can hold in shift and then press a number. It adds 10 to the value, like you could get #10 if you press shift 1, (or 0, maybe? :odd: )

Or, and I prefer this method, press F4. You are then prompted for the number.

Also note that this only shows the colors in ZQuest, and ZC quests aren't affected by this. It's only for your convenience. But it still helps to have this available.

C-Dawg
02-06-2003, 10:24 AM
You can load a Cset temporarily into Cset nine for exactly this purpose... I think you just go to the pallette editor and click some button like "load to Cset Nine". I dont know, I dont mess with this often.

-C

ShadowTiger
02-06-2003, 11:14 AM
So you can actually use a foreign cset in Cset 9, which would usually be the level-specific enemy cset. So the enemies would be messed up, or use the main palatte's Cset 9? This is an interesting topic, actually. I would like to learn about this.... :reading:

Praethus
02-06-2003, 12:01 PM
No the Load to CSet 9 feature is only in ZQ. It doesn't affect ZC. It's really helpful when you are recoloring things that use the ESP.

Ganonator
02-06-2003, 12:46 PM
alright. I couldn't quite figure this out myself until AFTER i needed to know it. Hit F4, then the pallete number. Tada!! now you can see as many C-sets as you want to in ZQ

C-Dawg
02-06-2003, 01:47 PM
uh, no, Ganonator. Changing the pallete just changes what C-sets are loaded into the normal 1,2,3 and 9 slots- but Demi isn't having trouble with that. Demi wants to design using the main palette colors you normally can't access using + and -, or even Cset offsets, like Link's extra ring pallettes and so on.

For this you gotta use load to Cset 9.

And BH4, C-set 9 is ALWAYS level-specific. You dont need to do anything special to get more colors in here- just change Cset 9 on the palette you want to have special colors. No biggie. The Load to Cset 9 just lets you access normally inaccessible Csets as if they were Cset 9, that is, you can get to them by pressing + or - in place of Cset 9. This has no effect on the actual palettes, and the effect ends when you change palettes, I think.

-C

ShadowTiger
02-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Oh, and you don't actually have to. Well, I mean, you COULD, but I found another way. I think Zora Man was talking about this earlier. We can now use Main Csets #10 - 11. These are ungodly useful. You can finally have Dungeon pots on an overworld screen! :D