PDA

View Full Version : What is to come??

Ganonator
02-05-2003, 05:14 AM
So we have maximized the capabilities of the Z1 engine over 2 years ago with 1.84 -> now we have almost made the game an LA clone.

Where is ZC heading?? What can I expect to see for betas above 2.1?

Here's a hint - jumping off cliffs, jumping in general, more items, better questing abilities, multiple items in rooms, enemy editors, item editors, and more w/ link.

What do you all think??

TheGeepster
02-05-2003, 08:30 AM
Are you asking or suggesting? I personally would like a flag/combo type to emulate Link jumping off a cliff.

ShadowTiger
02-05-2003, 08:55 AM
Actually, a discussion of this topic would be prudent, I suppose. This has been suggested before, and Ganonator has much more sense than to suggest something which has quite obviously already been suggested.

I have thought about the idea of Link jumping before. It would certainly make the ladder quite obsolete. It would also enable Link to move past those pit warps that would send him to one of those "fall to your death scenes," like in Raichu86's Monthly Zelda. But if we can jump over Pit warps, then we would SERIOUSLY need timed pit warps for custom bosses. Imagine jumping over a fireball from a boss and having it stay in one place during the fight because you keep jumping. :rolleyes: Heh heh. Yeah. I'm pretty sure you can do that now, :sweat: though I don't quite see the purpose in it, except for boss tactics. Blah, never mind.

Link jumping off of cliffs can be done now, but at the expense of a few screens and combos, and a bit of redrawing the LA jumping tiles. Does anyone remember a situation when you would have a jump-off point, and arrive at the next available jump-off point? If we had these jumpoff points, Link would jump off of the jump-off point (The combo, really.) and keep spinning in the air, or whatever the animation is set to, until he hits the next jumpoff point. Of course, we would have to have 2 types of Jumpoff points. A jumping point, and an arrival point. Link wouldn't be able to jump from the arrival point, of course. We could probably make the raft the jump-boots, although it would look really dumb. :sweat:

TheGeepster
02-05-2003, 07:55 PM
I meant from one spot on the screen to another spot on the same screen (like the cliffs in LttP), but that's not the topic.

I would be interested in hearing what the programming staff has on their agenda. They are much quieter than we who make the demands.

DarkDragoonX
02-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Ganonator
Where is ZC heading?? What can I expect to see for betas above 2.1?

Assuming you will be alive on July 24th, 4086 AD, which is ZC 2.0's current release date.