PDA

View Full Version : Door Combo Page and Freeform Dungeons

Grasshopper
02-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Hmm, doing a search through this forum just seemed to make things more confusing for me. First, when checking the freeform dungeon rule, that eliminates the "border" around the dungeon dmaps, right?

And how do you do doors that way? Do you use the door combo page and those doors will still function. I just wanna know how to have shutters, locked, boss, and other doors with a free form dungeon.

NerdWarrior
02-04-2003, 10:01 PM
normally placed doors are mostly the same, only you have to manually put in overhead. For the non-centered doors, it's do it yourself. I'm still wondering how to fix the bombable doors in freeform myself...

Grasshopper
02-04-2003, 10:55 PM
Ok, so you can use those doors in freeform dungeons, then how do you set up shutters and lock doors that aren't in the center then?

Ganonator
02-05-2003, 12:16 AM
you don't. You can only place those w/ door combo sets... Of course, you CAN do locked doors with some trickery, put they only work on one side of the door set.

jman2050
02-05-2003, 12:12 PM
As for shutters, they can be done using secret flags and some creative combo cycling (since in freeform dungeons you still move the required two combo distance before regaining control of the player. Bombable doors can be done with secret flags, the only problem being that since secrets are temporary you'll have to bomb the wall every single time you enter the room, which is very inconvinient :( .Come to think of it, with a few more additions/modifications, the door types would become almost obsolete. of course this is wishful thinking for now.