PDA

View Full Version : colored wc3 names?

Masamune
02-04-2003, 06:19 PM
i've seen some people on bnet with different colored names. i asked them how that got they all told me somethnig different which none of them worked. so does anyone know how to get one? i think it's a tag you put on your name or something.

MottZilla
02-05-2003, 12:44 AM
I've never seen that. :shrug:

Ultra22Lemming
02-08-2003, 10:36 PM
Either it's someone who works for Blizzard or it's a hack you download. I think it's a hack though.

MottZilla
02-09-2003, 02:27 AM
Now that I think of it, ya, I'd bet there is a hack of sorts that will let you put in the color keys properly and get a colored name. I still haven't ever seen one myself. You probably shouldn't use one, as you might get banned, and it's possible such a program could send your CDKEY to some computer and thus yours is stolen.

Pablo
02-09-2003, 02:38 AM
Actually, there have been tags for this since the days of StarCraft. You put one of them in front of the letters you want colored, and voila it changes them. I'll try and dig up a link to a list of the things, but in the meantime try www.warcraft.org.

[EDIT] Sorry, but after an hour or so of searching I was still unable to find the link you wanted. Perhaps there are other, less lazy, more intelligent people who can help you with this.

MottZilla
02-09-2003, 05:46 AM
I know there are tags. But I don't think you can put them in your name normally.

Ultra22Lemming
02-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Well I also know that it is used in Warcraft and Diablo. But I do think that people who work for Blizzard can use this as a special feature.

Ian
02-09-2003, 10:41 AM
I notice it in StarCraft a lot, mostly for names of maps. I have a couple of them in my map somewhere, I'll get them now..........
red white green blue. dunno

I'm not sure if they'll work, but copy and paste the squares example: Metroid Prime v. 1.3 I copied the box before red, so this will turn that text red.

Menne
02-14-2003, 08:35 AM
The way Blizzard is doing these color codes is quit easy, they just use the non printable ASCII codes. Thats from 1-31.
You can type them easily with your keybord. Just hold [ALT] down and type the number on the keypad.
Example: ☺ ☻ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ • ◘ ○ ... and so on...
Now you just have to check which code belongs to which color.

-Menne

MottZilla
02-14-2003, 05:22 PM
So if you make a name like that it will work?

Menne
02-16-2003, 07:36 AM
I suppose it will, but I haven't tested them in Warcraft. I'm using colored names in Quake III, and they are working fine.

MottZilla
02-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Nope. Menne, the colors in warcraft 3 are like, |c######text|r.

And | is considered invalid when you try to register on Bnet.

Menne
02-17-2003, 06:49 AM
Well, then it doesn't work with W3. Maybe it's really a admin only feature.