PDA

View Full Version : Din's Fire, Hammer, and bush leaves help!

Spike
02-04-2003, 04:55 PM
In the pure tileset What tiles would you use for Din's Fire? If there isn't any where could I get some that would work with my pallette?

Second, the hammer doesn't work properly for some reason. When you face left and use it he looks down, then left and smashes the ground. And when you face down you look up and smash down. Also the sparks that appear aren't centered on the hitting area. How do I fix that?

Last, how do you have the leaves pop out when you slash a bush, and which tiles are for each MISC: type of leaf? Please help!

idontknow
02-04-2003, 05:43 PM
first off, you have to set the sprites for din's fire; DF 1a is the fireball going up and DF 1b is the fireball coming down. D.F spark 1a is the trail of flames that goes up & DF spark 1b is the trail of flames that comes back down...i just suggest using the same trail tiles that are used for the fireboomerang...as far as the flames, just use the same sprite the blue & red candle flame uses...as far as casting the spell, i think thats automatic and the tiles should already be included in the pure tileset..if ya haven't guessed already, this is the tileset i'm using...i really like it! as far as setting the pallette for it, when you set the sprites, press the + or - key to change the pallettes to the one you want- should use the orange/red cset to make it look appropriate..

As far as the hammer, i think thats a bug, its been mentioned a couple times by others as well...

Lastly, for setting up bushes or flowers, you just set up which tile you want to use for the sprites in Misc sprites menu and then the computer automatically makes it so that when you slash a bush or flower, each of the four corners seperates and has an automatic motion that makes it appear as it were falling like a leaf...the bush clippings go to the bush, flower clippings to flower, and grass clippings to the tall grass combo...the second to last sprite, tall grass, is what appears over Link when he walks over the combo, i do believe anyway...

Spike
02-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Thanks, do you know which one of the tiles looks best for each MISC: combo slash?

idontknow
02-04-2003, 07:08 PM
huh?...what do ya mean?...slash doesn't have a misc. sprite...um...there should be some tiles that look like four leaves...use those for the bush and for the flower, use the tile that has two diferent colored leaves...then make the tile that looks like a flower (near the top of the combo page) a flower combo...i'm not too sure about the tall grass one though cuz i don't use it...

Ganonator
02-04-2003, 07:37 PM
I'm pretty sure combo slash is the sprites used by link when he slashes, after gaining the ability. it uses C-set 6 (cause it's link..duh)

Spike
02-05-2003, 08:40 PM
Well IDK, you didn't understand my question, but you still answered it. :laughing: Anyway, I only have one more problem, wait, nevermind, I'm not using Din's fire in my quest anymore because it's glitchy, but I"m still using the glitched hammer in BS on build 182 So it'll look like he bops himself, oh well. I can't live without it. :)

idontknow
02-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Din's Fire works fine for me...whats exactly glitchy about it?...

Spike
02-06-2003, 04:10 PM
I've heard one of the frames screwed up, unless that was fixed. Besides that I can't get it to work anyway. How much magic does it take? I tried using it with 1 and nothing happens and I assigned DF1 a, DF1 b, df2 a, and df2 b all a sprite. This sucks ass. It's kewl. Any ideas?

idontknow
02-06-2003, 04:24 PM
i believe that it takes about a third of the whole magic bar, which means you need to collect enough magic containers so maybe its just that you dont have enough magic...just set your max magic to 9 (the most there can possibly be) and then set the magic that you would actually have filled in the magic meter to 9. So i do believe that it takes just a tad less than 3 magic points to cast Din's Fire because you could only use it 3 times with one whole, filled magic meter...unless ya have the magic upgrade of course...

Spike
02-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Ok thanks, it works and it look awesome with the enemy fire sprites in the Pure tileset. I had to copy them all and make them upside down to make the fireball going up sprite, which took about 10 min. cuz it was like 15 pages away from the empty space I needed. :p Thanks again, questions answered.