PDA

View Full Version : Quest Contest Update

Cyclone
02-04-2003, 01:18 AM
Hi guys, miss me? :)

DC insisted I post an update regarding the quest contest I initiated about a year ago. No, it's not cancelled; as I told him, I intend to bring it back. I just recovered the rubric I posted on the old thread, and will be working on it for posting soon at both AGN and ZCN. And this time, when I say it's on, take my word that I really mean it; I'm getting this organized to the nth degree before announcing it again.

On another note, I have been gone for a while due to some of the people I had to contend with here; those contentions aside, I may hang around the ZC forums here; don't expect me to venture out much otherwise, or go to AGN chat (I will be on another server in other chat rooms, including #ZCN). My work revolves around ZC, and we (the forums) are supposed to be cooperating with each other to an extent, so I figure it only makes sense for me to check in here. Any who have a contention with me, I ask you to please set it aside, and I will do likewise; the last thing I want to do is make enemies. All right? :)

Watch for a new quest contest thread soon.

Cyclone

Cronic
02-04-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Cyclone
Hi guys, miss me? :)

DC insisted I post an update regarding the quest contest I initiated about a year ago. No, it's not cancelled; as I told him, I intend to bring it back. I just recovered the rubric I posted on the old thread, and will be working on it for posting soon at both AGN and ZCN. And this time, when I say it's on, take my word that I really mean it; I'm getting this organized to the nth degree before announcing it again.

On another note, I have been gone for a while due to some of the people I had to contend with here; those contentions aside, I may hang around the ZC forums here; don't expect me to venture out much otherwise, or go to AGN chat (I will be on another server in other chat rooms, including #ZCN). My work revolves around ZC, and we (the forums) are supposed to be cooperating with each other to an extent, so I figure it only makes sense for me to check in here. Any who have a contention with me, I ask you to please set it aside, and I will do likewise; the last thing I want to do is make enemies. All right? :)

Watch for a new quest contest thread soon.

Cyclone

:clap:

DarkFlameWolf
02-04-2003, 01:53 AM
um....is the rule about: 'must be new quests' still in effect? If so, this immediately rules out Hidden Duality as a submission, which sorta sucks.

StarFox
02-04-2003, 02:16 AM
From Cyclone's post, I got the impression that this will be a continuation of the ongoing quest contest, which was never officially cancelled, but which never really worked out. In that case, Hidden Duality should be fine as a submission. Of course, I could be completely wrong. :shrug: I'll wait to see the Quest Contest Thread.

Last time I made the mistake of not signing up. I won't do that again (assuming you're starting the sign-ups over).

Blonde799
02-04-2003, 02:19 AM
Cyc, I have to thank you. Without your extensions, my quest wouldn't be the esthetical monster that it is today!:D

All that aside, I hope this works out.:)

DarkFlameWolf
02-04-2003, 02:27 AM
make some sense Blonde! o_O

Blonde799
02-04-2003, 02:38 AM
Ok.:)

My quest started out as a wee bit short thing, and the majority of the quest used newfirst graphics. Cyclone extended the deadline constantly, and the quest continued to grow, using less and less pre-made tiles, and more custom-made. And now, thanks to him, it's big, it's bad, and it's going to be done before the deadline!:D

Cyclone
02-04-2003, 04:44 PM
ROFL. I guess my extend-a-deadline method worked after all. ;)

This will be the final "extension"; once the deadline is set, it's in stone. Period. And since I don't even have an old deadline date on hand at the moment, this is basically almost like starting over now.

BTW, this will be a ZCN-sponsored event, I've determined. Thus, it will come complete with a discussion forum of its' own, much like what I used to hide on the old QDB (which, alas, no longer exists). I'm going to hammer out any details with my fellow staff there before announcing it; like I said, give me a week and I should hopefully be set (writing the final rubric this weekend).

Cyclone

Cronic
02-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Seems like a good move as you will have far more resources to work with there ;)

Just tell me where you'd like the forum and it's set. I'd suggest in the temp QDB section.

StarFox
02-04-2003, 11:04 PM
This will be the final "extension"; once the deadline is set, it's in stone. Period.

Sure, Cyclone. Whatever you say. ;)

And since I don't even have an old deadline date on hand at the moment, this is basically almost like starting over now.

Out of curiosity, does anybody have a list of deadlines? :D

Cyclone
02-05-2003, 01:38 AM
Lesse...end of June 2002, middle of December, 2002, five days ago...yup, that sums it up well enough. :D

Cyclone