PDA

View Full Version : Volume control question

RPGAngel
02-03-2003, 08:09 PM
I tried a few of the suggestions in the sound of silence thread and they worked!!! I finally have background sound now! Thanks to everyone in that thread! I do still have one question though. How can I adjust the sound volume? The background sound isn't loud enough and if I turn up the volume it dosn't help much except to make the sfx sound too loud. Any ideas? I'm so happy to have background sound, but would like to enjoy it without cringing every time a sfx sound happens. Thanks!

Boommaster
02-03-2003, 08:21 PM
I don't know how to do any of that. I don't have sound at all. Tell me what they told you to do to get sound on 1.92

RPGAngel
02-03-2003, 08:34 PM
One of the things to try is to make sure you have no sound for open/close/maximize, and minimize window functions. Also I tried changing my audio and midi settings to use the Crystal Synthesizer on my computer instead of the mpu-401. I also tried doing the settings in the agsetup like they said(just go to that thread to see what they said about that). I hope you can understand this, I'm not that great at explaing this kind of thing.

Jigglysaint
02-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Lemme guess, Windows version, right? I'd say go for DOS but that's not open for some people. I wonder if this is a bug or just the result of bad hardware?

System Error
02-03-2003, 11:28 PM
First off, try adjusting the sound on the menu of ZClassic. It's in the Volume Controls option (or something). If it's too loud, try turning down the SFX setting to around 175 or something. Be sure not to have the music too loud either, or it may obscure the sound. Alternatively, edit ag.cfg. About halfway down the zeldadx part of the file, are these two options. The numbers may vary with yours

sfx = 248
music = 144

Change these to a lower or higher setting.