PDA

View Full Version : Controversy - Religion and the Moon

Ganonator
02-02-2003, 03:41 PM
first of all, you have no idea what this is about. Good :D

I got in an argument the other day about the moon landing. I sincerely don't believe that we made it there. The logic in it proves that in 1960 the technology wasn't good enough to get past the radiation belts, and there are some other problems with it as well.

On the other hand, all of the people that believe that we landed on the moon in 69 were christians. I am the athiest of the bunch.

so, i'm making a little poll here to see how everything matches up. Its in GD instead of Think Tank because it doesn't involve that much brain power to click any of the poll choices.

Paradox
02-02-2003, 03:46 PM
I am atheist/agnostic, and the US sent men to the moon.

stormwatcheagle
02-02-2003, 03:57 PM
Oh, please. If we can go to space, we can get to the moon. I don't think we had the technology to doctor such videos back then.

deathbyhokie
02-02-2003, 04:15 PM
well how could we land on the moon if it doesn't exist?
http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm

just showing that in this day and age, anyone can come up with a BS conspiracy theory

Ich
02-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Would you think that we had the technology, back in the forties, to create Atomic weapons? Plastics were invented in the 40's, and about 25 years and government funding can accomplish a lot.

Jigglysaint
02-02-2003, 05:46 PM
It all comes down to trust. This may seem rather judgemental, but I think that a lot of Athiests do not trust anybody outside of themselves for fear of whatever causes them to turn from God in the first place. The point there is that the flip-side, Christians, are more trusting and are prone to beieving false and foolish things. I am Christian and I actually don't care about the moon landing. It's just somthing that's there, part of history.

stormwatcheagle
02-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by deathbyhokie
well how could we land on the moon if it doesn't exist?
http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm

just showing that in this day and age, anyone can come up with a BS conspiracy theory

That guy is full of more shit than a 500 pound pig.

Mercy
02-02-2003, 06:04 PM
You needed to add a catagory for Other. I am more of a spiritual agnostic who is undecided on the moon landing. There is more alleged 'proof' of the moon landing than the existance of a god or gods. The moon landing would seem the more likely of the two options, I have not been able to personally verify or discredit either so I accept all possibilities simultaneously.

m.

KINGOFALLME2
02-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Ganonator
first of all, you have no idea what this is about. Good :D

I got in an argument the other day about the moon landing. I sincerely don't believe that we made it there. The logic in it proves that in 1960 the technology wasn't good enough to get past the radiation belts, and there are some other problems with it as well.

On the other hand, all of the people that believe that we landed on the moon in 69 were christians. I am the athiest of the bunch.

so, i'm making a little poll here to see how everything matches up. Its in GD instead of Think Tank because it doesn't involve that much brain power to click any of the poll choices.

U tottaly got me there, ur right i didn't what this means until i got some help. I still don't see what this has 2 do wit religion though./:( By the way, I'm catholic.

Samson007
02-02-2003, 08:57 PM
I believe in both god and that man was on the moon. I dont think they just had a dude fake the films.

El Oso Verde
02-02-2003, 09:57 PM
This reminds me of something I saw on TV not too long ago. This guy was being interviewed because he claims to have proof that there was no moon landing (although he never showed this proof, or said anything about it the whole time). He was basically just some jerk with a lot of hot air.

Anyhow, the best part was when he walked up to Buzz Aldrin, called him a liar and said that he didn't go to the moon. Buzz turned around and punched the ass in his face. It was classic.

I'm currently unaffiliated as far as religion goes, and I do believe that the 69 moon landing in fact took place.

Ibis, God of Magicks
02-03-2003, 12:13 AM
I think we did land on the moon, but not when we think we did. think about, doctor a video, the USSR things it has lost the race, so the give up, giving us some breathing room. A few years later, we actually land on the moon.

And I'm more of a spiritual/polythiestic follower myself.
/me Picks 'other'

AtmaWeapon
02-03-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Ganonator
I sincerely don't believe that we made it there.

Am I the only one that feels like there's a conflict between these two statements?

On the topic, I don't see what the big deal is about. Why the crap would the government go to so much trouble to perpetuate a lie for so long that in the end has no result on its populace?

I'm sure that you saw bigfoot in your garage, too. (He was using the belt sander...)

Axel
02-03-2003, 09:02 AM
3 perfectly good reasons:
1. Apollo 1 - if it were faked, then there'd have been no explosion on the landing pad.
2. Apollo 13 - if it were faked, there'd have been no accident.
3. Armstrong's speach was supposed to go: "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." however, he left out the "a" when he said it. if it were fake, they'd have fixed that.

satanman
02-03-2003, 02:02 PM
I heard the quote was a spur of the moment thing, but I don't know, do I? :p

besides, people really were sent into space before that, and the only advancement on that for mooning is landing/taking off

I put athiest /they did