PDA

View Full Version : Time Quest Alpha

Grasshopper
02-02-2003, 12:47 PM
The lost quest that hid on my hard drive. It's not finished, and I don't plan to finish it. But you can download what I did complete and play around with the first half of the quest. It only has 4 dungeons, but I believe that they work and can be finished. The quest has a nifty time based gameplay. You have Dawn, Day, Dusk, and Night. The quest can only be completed by playing through each. Since the quest is still in its alpha state, you may need the debug code to help get through it.
To access the debug code, enter Grasshopper in the cheat menu.

The last time I worked on this was almost 2 years ago, and I can't believe I still have it. :) You can get it here (http://www.sanffo.co.uk/~gibdo/Files/Zelda/TimeQuestA.zip). Have fun.

ms_zelda_lady
02-02-2003, 06:03 PM
:cry: Downloaded your quest but its unplayable. Your debug code is incorrect and when ever you try to use the boomerang the program shuts itself down. Something about an error in the allegro.........Anyway I was never able to do anything but walk around. Most of the paths are unaccessable due to the fact that I was never able to get to the shrine to get a sword. Too bad the quest doesn't work cause the map itself looks nice.

ms_zelda_lady

Grasshopper
02-02-2003, 09:58 PM
Ok, I admit its been forever since I looked at this thing, and I don't know if I remember everything, but first of all Grasshopper should be right for the cheat. Its a "G" not a "g". Thats only *IF* you want to use it. You don't have to. Second, how did you get the boomerang? I don't think you can get a boomerang, if you don't have the sword. I don't even remember if the boomerang is in it. This quest wasn't even finished, so alot of the places don't lead anywhere. I played around with it a little bit earlier today. The fire boomerang worked for me, when I used the cheat code. Crashing the program would be bug related, my quest can't do that. :tongue: Give 'er another go, I'm pretty sure you could can get through it.

ms_zelda_lady
02-02-2003, 11:46 PM
First of all....... When I started the quest I had more than 24 hearts. And I had the boomerang, wand, bow and arrows, somewhere around 1500 ruppees, some red bombs (but those were unusable somehow) and a few other items I can't remember. Most of the items were already there. Maybe its a bad copy that you saved. Kinda strange way to start out but thats what it did when I played it in beta 163 this afternoon. BTW I did use "G" for Grasshopper but it says invalid.

ms_zelda_lady

TheGeepster
02-03-2003, 02:05 AM
Sounds like it got corrupted, Ms_Zelda. I could be wrong. :shrug:

Grasshopper
02-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Sorry. :( I downloaded it, and it works for me. I made it in 1.90 and it still plays in 1.92 build 182. :shrug:

ms_zelda_lady
02-04-2003, 12:12 AM
Yup you were right.....it plays great in beta 182 but why would it act screwy in beta 163......:confuse2:
Anyway I did the 2 levels and had fun. Hope you finish it as I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have fun playing it.
If you ever figure out why it acted so crazy in beta 163 let me know.
:)

ms_zelda_lady

JayeM
02-04-2003, 01:37 AM
If you don't plan on finishing it, you might consider unpasswording it and giving it to Cyclone for the Quest Graveyard he has planned. This is unfinished quests that people have abandoned, that other people might decide to pick up and finish.

TheGeepster
02-04-2003, 02:37 AM
Can I get it unpassworded? I'd love to get some ideas to use for my next quest, and the zpg might be useful.

Grasshopper
02-04-2003, 02:41 PM
I'm not sure what I'll do with it right now. :shrug:

TheGeepster
02-04-2003, 06:53 PM
All I ask for now is to send a pm or something when you do decide. I have lots on my to-do list left for now. Arigatou Gozaimasu! :kawaii: