PDA

View Full Version : More bad news in the world of P2P...

Ich
02-02-2003, 01:18 AM
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-verizon31jan31001451,0,4320674.story?coll=la-headlines-business

If you're too lazy to read the article, it's talking about how Verizon is willing to talk.

Verizon Communications Inc. has portrayed itself as the great protector of consumer rights in its legal battle with the giant music companies, declaring that no one accused of piracy should lose the right to privacy.

Unless, of course, Verizon can help its case by naming a few names for the Recording Industry Assn. of America.

"Verizon will use every legal means to protect its subscribers' privacy," Deputy General Counsel John Thorne said Thursday in a news release.

The IRAA is becoming a nuisance, and the government officials are becoming too corrupt from campaign contributions to step in the way.

Coder GT
02-02-2003, 01:24 AM
I don't think I understand. I probably should go read the full article. It is probably impossible to shut down p2p programs. There are too many to shutdown, Napster is trying to get back up and running.

Ich
02-02-2003, 01:49 AM
Just trust me, it's bad. They're trying to go after the people in the real world, not just online.