PDA

View Full Version : Licensing

Beldaran
02-01-2003, 04:33 PM
I own a Vbulletin and my leased license expires in one week. I cannot, at this time, afford to renew it. I just recieved an e-mail from them indicating that I will no longer be able to run the software after this time.

My question is this:

Does AGN anually renew their VB license? Will they come after me if I run my VB for a couple of months until I can afford a renewal?

MottZilla
02-01-2003, 04:47 PM
If you plan on renewing maybe you should get someone to loan you the cash?

I dunno anything about VB's business practice though.

Zaphod Q. IX
02-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
My question is this:

Does AGN anually renew their VB license?
Yes. I know for a fact we do.

Will they come after me if I run my VB for a couple of months until I can afford a renewal?
I've heard stories about them doing just that.

Originally posted by Mottzilla
...you should get someone to loan you the cash...

Ich
02-01-2003, 05:40 PM
There are free boards which you can get, search for message board on Google. Be warned that there will be pop ups and banner ads.

MottZilla
02-01-2003, 06:13 PM
What did you quote my for Zaph? I was just saying perhaps someone he knows could loan him the cash so he can renew it now and he can pay back whoever he loaned it from when he has the cash.

Zaphod Q. IX
02-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
What did you quote my for Zaph?

:eyebrow:

Maybe because I was agreeing with you, and suggesting that as a good course of action. Your words covered it adequately, so why add anything?

Dark Jim
02-01-2003, 06:30 PM
I also suggest you get an owned license so you can at least keep your forums once the year is over. It's well worth it. :)

Gerudo
02-01-2003, 06:45 PM
actually, if you try the free ones like phpbb, burningboard, invision, and several others, there arent ads, and are as equally customizable as vB...

imo, phpBB is 2nd best to vB...

Dart Zaidyer
02-01-2003, 07:56 PM
Gerudo's right. Actually, Damasca's got a phpbb, and we've hacked it so much you can't even tell it's a phpbb until you look at the bottom of the page.

Gerudo
02-01-2003, 08:30 PM
dart, that sounds interesting, can you pm me the link?

i adminned phpBB, and almost all other types of forums... easy stuff... ;)

obi
02-02-2003, 01:15 PM
I managed to get a wbb looking just like vb, it's not as flexible as a vb seems to be but it's quite good and reliable.