PDA

View Full Version : Help with James's Quest

Saro
01-31-2003, 11:25 PM
Where do I go after I beat LEVEL-2? The only places I can find are a port and a cave with that X-headed Gleeok in it, and I don't have the tools to go either path. :mad:

TheGeepster
01-31-2003, 11:51 PM
It's been a while, but my guess is that you have to go through the X-Headed Gleeok. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (Questmakers are so darned evil sometimes. Like starting you off with only bombs and stuff like that.)

Saro
01-31-2003, 11:53 PM
I doubt the creator was sadistic enough to put you through a cave with a 2-headed Gleeok, 10 Blue Darknuts, 3 Blue Gohmas, 5 Manhandlas, 10 more Blue Darknuts, and a 40-headed Gleeok with 6 heart containers and the club (equivalent of Wooden Sword)...

TheGeepster
02-01-2003, 09:46 AM
You're right. That is on the extreme side. Anyone have the answer?

Foxx
02-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Hmmm. I haven't played this quest in forever so I won't be very sharp here, but I know that the Gleeok has to come later. I don't remember where Level 3 is exactly, but I think you need to head north and go down a narrow road.

AlphaDawg
02-01-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Saro
I doubt the creator was sadistic enough to put you through a cave with a 2-headed Gleeok, 10 Blue Darknuts, 3 Blue Gohmas, 5 Manhandlas, 10 more Blue Darknuts, and a 40-headed Gleeok with 6 heart containers and the club (equivalent of Wooden Sword)... Bomb north of the Level 1 entrance to proceed, and yes, Nightmare is that sadistic.

Saro
02-02-2003, 11:09 AM
:odd:

DarkDragoonX
02-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Yeah, after you finish level 3 (or is it 4?), and find the white sword (a thorn whip in this game, although it looks lke a blue chainsaw to me), you DO have to kill that 40-headed gleeok. Here's a tip: BURN EVERYTHING. BOMB EVERYTHING. I know you're supposed to do that in a zelda game anyway, but it is especially true in James' Quest. There are a TON of people give you valuable information on what you should be doing, but you have to look for them. Also, backtrack to areas you have already been to after you complete the first few dungeons... a bit of the landscape has changed, giving you access to a few rupees that you will desperately need.

Saro
02-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Well, I just beat LEVEL-3 (after about a million tries :angry: ) and made it to some weird village. Is there any significance to that big graveyard/mausoleum-type place?