PDA

View Full Version : How do you use Nayru's Wind and Farore's Love?

CJC
01-31-2003, 06:15 PM
I just can't use them in my quest. I haven't played any of the Zelda games past Link's awakening, and I wanted to see what these things do, but even with 7 mp I can't use them. If anyone can tell my how much mp is need to use them or what they do, I would appreciate it greatly.

fatcatfan
01-31-2003, 06:25 PM
They are not yet fully implemented. Only Din's Fire. So, the answer is "you can't".

System Error
01-31-2003, 06:32 PM
You can't use them yet. But, when they can be used, Farore's Wind will most likely place a warping flag somewhere when you use it. When you use it again, you warp there and the warp vanishes. Nayru's Love would most likely stop damage.

DeathLink
01-31-2003, 10:30 PM
what did N'sLove do in OoT anyways?

idontknow
01-31-2003, 11:42 PM
it temporarily put link in a translucent, light blue diamond that protected Link for like 30 seconds..it was found in the dessert...i can't wait til this gets fully implemented so that Link gets invinciible for awhile and hopefully it works when scrolling among different screens....

TheGeepster
01-31-2003, 11:47 PM
It would act sorta like a item-type clock then. I'm guessing it would require some new tiles for the main character.

idontknow
01-31-2003, 11:54 PM
it would probably just require new misc. spites....that revolve around Link in some fasion; just like when Din's Fire was implemented, the D.F. flame sprites and sparkle sprites were enabled and customizable...also, you need to set Link's "Cast" animation which would display when casting any spell...for right now, i'm not too sure if you could set Link's casting animation; there is a spot for it in the new Link's Sprite editor but its really buggy (at least in beta 182 it is)...but the tile set that i had downloaded awhile ago included tiles for this animation and the game properly showed them so i'm thinking that for now, Link's Casting Animation is somewhat hardcoded or whatever (can't be changed)

CJC
02-28-2003, 03:12 PM
O.K., that all makes sense. Like I think I said (It's been a while), I've never played any of the Link games past the first one on the gameboy. So I didn't really know what those items did. Thanks anyways, and I guess for now I'll just use them as space fillers.