PDA

View Full Version : Typing sounds?

Beldaran
01-31-2003, 05:05 AM
Is it possible, via any roundabout way, to make it so that you hear a .wav file everytime you push a key no matter what?

The reason I ask is because I would like to hear that nice little typewriter sound when I type on my computer. I do not know if this is possible.

El Oso Verde
01-31-2003, 05:20 AM
I know it is possible, I'm just not sure exactly where to get a program to do it. Try download.com

Beldaran
01-31-2003, 05:22 AM
Well, I have found a program called "Noisy Keyboard". It works wonderfully. I now have all these really awesome sounds to go with my typing. I love it.

Combined with my really cool looking desktop theme, it makes me feel more skilled than I really am, because now when I push keys it makes little sounds, and I really dig that.:)

The Savior
01-31-2003, 08:57 AM
LOL, you truly are a nerd, Beldaran.

Draconis
01-31-2003, 09:43 AM
I think that if you have the accessability options installed, there is something under that that allows the computer to make a sound or something. I really don't know much beyond that, but I hope it is a good start.

moocow
01-31-2003, 02:27 PM
Beldaran, you are goofy as hell. I'm always trying to find ways to make my keyboard as quiet as possible... :p

Ganonator
01-31-2003, 02:42 PM
Oh I feel like such a dork with this thing on. It is pretty cool though. i might change the sounds to something like the wavs in sfx.dat though.. that would be pretty sweet.

Beldaran
01-31-2003, 03:10 PM
I was messing around with the program, and I made it so that everytime I push a key, I hear a gunshot from CounterStrike. It was awesome, but it gave me a terrible headache. I have thus reverted to the pleasing click of my typewriter sounds.

I truly love this program. It really brings out the geek in me.

slothman
01-31-2003, 05:08 PM
I like the sounds my KB makes. That's one reason I don't want to replace it.
P.S. Like the ascii program can you make a like to it?

Beldaran
01-31-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by slothman
P.S. Like the ascii program can you make a like to it?

Here you are, slothman (http://www.leeos.com/noisy_keyboard.html)