PDA

View Full Version : A little music help to ya!

Dark Lord
01-31-2003, 12:27 AM
In case you don't want to purchase expensive software, but you want your MP3 to work with Zelda Classic, then follow this link.

http://www.designsbyjoy.net/OtherTutorials/makeasmallwav.htm

They tell you how you can make your MP3's smaller, with common computer tools and one free software, or any other software that might transfer MP3's to WAV. So, for example, I took a 25.2 MB. file and made it 437 KB WAV format, and yes, it does go down in quality, but trust me, you wont be disapointed! If you want the music in the quest, then experiment a little, it works! :)

VEL
01-31-2003, 01:23 AM
--Moved to ZC Developers Exchange-- ;)

blckscab
01-31-2003, 11:56 AM
Cool.
Im gonna have a little muck around with this;)

Tygore
01-31-2003, 05:56 PM
To use the .wav in a quest, you'll need also to convert it to a tracker file. (Which is possible. SOmeone posted a link to a program called ModPlug Tracker once. Search for it on Google.)
Another reccomended program is CDex. (Google search again) It can be used to rip songs from CDs or convert MP3s to .wavs (or vice-versa). It does a perfect copy, so you can edit the quality (and filesize) in ModPlug Tracker.

Dark Lord
01-31-2003, 08:49 PM
Quick question, I want to transfer my music (WAV) to a low size, compatable file, but I can't seem to perfect the proccess. Either I get errors, the file is supported, or the shrinking process doesn't do anything. What is your opinion on going about this without the issues? Thanks!