PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I'm a nostalgic gamer

Dr. Mutagen
01-30-2003, 06:13 PM
I just downloaded the shareware versions of both the original Wolfenstein and Doom last weekend. I'm planning on getting the full versions of both games when I have the time and money. I used to own Spear of Destiny (Another Wolfenstein game, in case you didn't know) on my old computer, but it crashed and it got lost, so now I can't play it anymore. :cry: Anyway, this is just a word of warning that there's a chance that most of my threads in this forum will deal with the ghosts of video games' past, although I like a lot of the next-gen games as well.

Mr. 207
01-30-2003, 09:43 PM
Why would you go out and buy them? Download them...for FREE! I'm sure you could easily find Wolfenstein 3d and Doom full on some abandonware sites. In accordance with the rules (and the fact that I dont know any at the moment) I cant tell you where these sites are.

Gerudo
01-31-2003, 09:25 PM
well, posting links is indeed bad, but if you want some good games that didnt make it to mainstream, look for "The Underdogs"...

they have what is 'non-poular' fullware; games that werent popular... you'll prolly find games like Doom and Wolfenstien on there, but not for download because they were popular...

anyways, give thier site a look, its pretty cool, imo :)

if you catch my drift, these games did suck, but some were very good...

edit: kazaa (im sure you know) is a p2p sharing app, look it up...

Thunderbird
02-01-2003, 01:52 AM
You won't find Doom and Wolfenstein anywhere on The Underdogs.

I actually have the two Spear of Destiny disks hiding around somewhere. Wonder if they still work (my Super Munchers disk got it's data destroyed :().

satanman
02-01-2003, 08:15 AM
I want sonic CD :(
I found a site with it yesterday, but today it's f***ed...

Last time I went to underdogs I got live-a-live - 'twas pretty good :)

Dr. Mutagen
02-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Mr. 207
Why would you go out and buy them? Download them...for FREE! I'm sure you could easily find Wolfenstein 3d and Doom full on some abandonware sites. In accordance with the rules (and the fact that I dont know any at the moment) I cant tell you where these sites are.

Meh. I tried to find the free full versions for both games and I couldn't find 'em anywhere (or they weren't in zip files). I guess I'll keep looking. Also in accordance with the rules, I won't ask for any sites.

stormwatcheagle
02-01-2003, 04:00 PM
Allready own them. In fact, I have the adult version of Wolfenstien that my dad accidentally sent to my cousins.

Xyvol
02-02-2003, 03:58 AM
I still remember playing the ORIGINAL Castle Wolfenstien:
http://www.xyvol.com/home/ap_castle.gif

Man, I'm old ;)
Well, I know this is no help, but I can't think of anyplace that has it either. I'm sure I saw them, but maybe it was just the shareware version?

Dr. Mutagen
02-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Actually, I found a great abandonware site yesterday and I now have the full version of Wolfenstein. Doom, Doom 2, and Spear of Destiny are my next targets. :sly: