PDA

View Full Version : *Looks at sig*

obi
01-30-2003, 04:45 PM
Hmm, how odd, I look at my sig and I see this -
http://obiza.netfirms.com/ag_sig.png

It's in the small red box, 1762 weeks? how in the hell?
the tag in my sig is this -

January 26, 2003

and the last time I checked, Jan 26 2003 was not 33ish years ago. What kind of error is this?
And the error is still in my sig... hmm

Ganonator
01-30-2003, 04:57 PM
EDIT: I thought the th mattered in 26th.. never mind :sweat:

w/ th >
January 26th, 2003
w/o th>
January 26, 2003
:shrug:

obi
01-30-2003, 05:06 PM
Now that I think about it, it may be because I have it all in the terminal tag, but when I first put it in there, it worked fine. Although, you can't have URL's in the terminal tag (hence my whole sig not being in the terminal tag).

Ganonator
01-30-2003, 05:16 PM
then i have no idea. I guess SB will have to help you on this one.

Gerudo
01-30-2003, 08:08 PM
i wanna know how you got it to be a black box...

:eyebrow:

Fiyerstorm
01-30-2003, 08:18 PM
Countdown tags scare me.

Pure evelle. ;p

How did you get that box thing anyway?

o.o

Shadowblazer
01-30-2003, 10:30 PM
I'll take a look at it, I've known that there's been a bug or two in there for awhile now, but haven't had the time to sit down with the code and really have it out ;) The problem is that the "NOXXX" tags aren't working properly. It's taking the values that are supposed to be displaying in the places you've hidden and rolling them over or something...

UPDATE: I fixed it. You were 100% correct obi, the problem was with the terminal tag. One of the things that tag does is replace every space with   in order to preserve the spacing inside the terminal box. Thus when it hit your date, it turned it into January 26, 2003, which was basically garbage for the strtotime function. Anyway, I fixed it ;)

Now I'm trying to figure out a really peculiar problem. If you use four of the NOXXX arguments (1, 2, 3 and 5 all work fine) in any combination, for SOME reason, a <br /> tag gets inserted somewhere into the middle of the date, producing bizarre results just like the &amp;nbsp;'s did for Obi. I have no clue why on Earth this happens and I'm about to tear my hair out. It makes zero sense. The change happens before my function even begins to process the date so it's not my code doing it...

Axel
01-31-2003, 09:17 AM
I concur, how'd you do the box thing?

AtmaWeapon
01-31-2003, 09:37 AM
Well, there was another topic about it, and they've mentioned a "terminal tag" 5 or 6 times in the topic.

[ terminal] [/terminal] It would be logical to assume that this is the terminal tag they speak of.

obi
01-31-2003, 10:38 AM
This is one reason why I didn't go too far into the languages I was learning (php/js ect) Things like this always seem to popup to ruin my day.

Now I'm trying to figure out a really peculiar problem. If you use four of the NOXXX arguments (1, 2, 3 and 5 all work fine) in any combination, for SOME reason, a <br /> tag gets inserted somewhere into the middle of the date, producing bizarre results just like the &nbsp;'s did for Obi. I have no clue why on Earth this happens and I'm about to tear my hair out. It makes zero sense. The change happens before my function even begins to process the date so it's not my code doing it...

Could it be a conflict between your coding and VB coding like similar references?

Gerudo
01-31-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
Well, there was another topic about it, and they've mentioned a "terminal tag" 5 or 6 times in the topic.

[ terminal] [/terminal] It would be logical to assume that this is the terminal tag they speak of. would you be so kind to please link to this topic?

edit: i see now obi first made reference to the terminal tag, but some of us dont put 2 & 2 togerther as quickly as others... :badrazz:

obi
01-31-2003, 10:53 AM
the topic, I think is this one (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68034).
EDIT - wait, no, they don't.

Gerudo
01-31-2003, 11:56 AM
sb mentioned it in passing, but it wasnt formally announced, like the countdown tag...

obi
02-02-2003, 05:22 PM
You know whats really funny? I just updated my countdown tag to todays date (as I just updated obi world) and the error came back :odd:

I guess I'll go get Shadowblazer.

Febuary 2, 2003

Thats using the date in words, however, if I pop the date in this format 02/02/03, because there are no spaces the error won't happen.

02/02/03

But I'm sure SB will still want to look at the space problem thing.

Shadowblazer
02-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by obi
Thats using the date in words, however, if I pop the date in this format 02/02/03, because there are no spaces the error won't happen. Obi, Obi, Obi...

&#91;terminal]&#91;countdown=NOMINUTES+NOSECONDS+MESSAGE:Obi World will be updated in %time%. (I hope)...+ENDMESSAGE:Obi World was last updated %time% ago. Check if foo.]Febuary 2, 2003&#91;/countdown]&#91;/terminal]

It helps when you spell "February" correctly... :sb:

obi
02-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Curse those silent R's!

Sorry SB:rolleyes:

I guess I'll stick to the number format.... :D