PDA

View Full Version : Link on PS2 and XBox: Soul Calibur 2

Raichu86
01-29-2003, 11:31 AM
It seems that Link is going to be in a video game that will be on all 3 systems. Yep, that's right, Link is going to be on PS2 and XBox. :eek: I was extremely startled when I read this...

http://www.gamecubicle.com/news-nintendo_gamecube_link_zelda_soul_calibur_details. htm

Namco Ltd. today finally unveiled the long awaited sequel to one of the most revered weapons-based fighters of all time. And for the first time, Namco revealed the exclusive Nintendo GameCube character, Link. Equipped with his master sword, bow and arrow, boomerang, and even bombs, Link is looking more realistic than ever and is fully playable with his own style, strengths, and abilities. With his master sword, Link can attack with a standard sideways or vertical slash, upward or downward jab, or even his famed spin attack.

With over 3 million units sold worldwide, the "Soul" franchise, which includes Soul Blade (1996) and Soul Calibur (1999), has received worldwide recognition and critical acclaim raising the bar for 3-D weapons-based action fighters. Soul Calibur 2 will include a variety of different game modes and feature exclusive "special guest" characters for each platform version. Soul Calibur 2 is scheduled to release in Japan on March 27th and in North America in August 2003 on Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Xbox.

I don't like how Link looks in most of those screenshots, he just doesn't seem to have the right expression on his face. :shrug:

Denium
01-29-2003, 11:58 AM
I think Link's expression is intentional.

Warlock
01-29-2003, 01:49 PM
Uhh...

Namco revealed the exclusive Nintendo GameCube character, Link.

Thunderbird
01-29-2003, 02:09 PM
That's only on the GameCube version. The PS2 and Xbox versions have their own exclusive characters (frankly I think the PS2 one is a very stupid idea :P).

Mak-X
01-29-2003, 03:37 PM
Yeah, Link is exclusive to the Gamecube version, Xbox has Spawn, and PS2 has a guy from Tekken. ;)

MottZilla
01-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Yes that is correct. However, if Namco is lazy, and has all the characters in each version, just not selectable, gameshark could make it possible.

AlexMax
01-29-2003, 06:41 PM
I can just see the photoshopped pictures now...

LEGEND OF ZELDA COMING OUT FOR XBOX!!11111

Tygore
01-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Personmally, I think they'll build the same character and just change stuff for each version. (Clothing, voice, name, etc.) But I could be wrong.

MottZilla
01-29-2003, 06:51 PM
All of them will hav a unique fighting style. They won't be "the same".

Raichu86
01-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Oh, pardon my retardation. :banghead: I think that article would be better if they made it apparent that Link was only going to be in the GameCube version.

Tygore
01-29-2003, 07:03 PM
It said "exclusive". That's pretty clear.