PDA

View Full Version : ZeldaClassic

str8up1
01-29-2003, 12:54 AM
we down loaded ZC and cannot get it up and running. we are using windows xp. is Zelda classic compatible with windows xp or do we have to download a different driver? :confuse2:

VEL
01-29-2003, 12:57 AM
The windows version of ZC should work with XP. Do you get any error messages?

str8up1
01-29-2003, 01:08 AM
Vel, we are getting a error message of "disk error" for the "f" drive. we are using the download program from this site to play the game so we don't have a disk in. Is the download here that they have clonned, just a update that reguires a game disk?
:cry: :confuse2:

VEL
01-29-2003, 01:11 AM
Here is a topic that says how to fix the "f-drive error".
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59715

str8up1
01-29-2003, 01:21 AM
thanks for your help VEL. we will give that a try.:)

Qun Mang
01-30-2003, 01:09 AM
I can't even get 1.90 to run (with or without sound). AGSetup worked fine (even with sound!), but Zelda.exe starts to load then returns to the DOS screen with the entire left half white. Will I have problems running 1.90 quests in 1.92 b163 or b183?

Edit: Using WinXP, BTW

VEL
01-30-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Qun Mang
I can't even get 1.90 to run (with or without sound). AGSetup worked fine (even with sound!), but Zelda.exe starts to load then returns to the DOS screen with the entire left half white. Will I have problems running 1.90 quests in 1.92 b163 or b183?

Edit: Using WinXP, BTW

I don't think 1.90 works very well (or at all) in XP. The windows versions of ZC should run in XP. I've only had problems with 1 quest made in 1.90 or before not working correctly, all the others I've tried have worked fine for me.

funman
01-30-2003, 04:39 AM
I'm having problems wth my Zelda v .90, i start it up and all that, but when i select the save i want to use i get an error that fils the screen so i can't even read the whole error...it has something with a file called q1(something) it cant finf it at an URL or something...PLEASE help me I really want to try this game

VEL
01-30-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by funman
I'm having problems wth my Zelda v .90, i start it up and all that, but when i select the save i want to use i get an error that fils the screen so i can't even read the whole error...it has something with a file called q1(something) it cant finf it at an URL or something...PLEASE help me I really want to try this game

This topic might help.
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59715

Ganonator
01-30-2003, 05:14 PM
gotta love n00bs, huh, VEL. :D

here's a little insight for ya

1.92 Beta 163 and above work on XP. The others do not.
all quests from 1.90 work in the newest betas.
check the thread that VEL linked to if you need help getting quests to work. that's all i have for ya.

Qun Mang
01-31-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Ganonator
gotta love n00bs, huh, VEL. :D

Not so much a noob, but just someone who hasn't played around with this prog much since first trying it a little less than a year ago. If/when I start playing with the editor (up to now I have only used the player), you can call me a noob, 'k? :D

here's a little insight for ya

1.92 Beta 163 and above work on XP. The others do not.
all quests from 1.90 work in the newest betas.
check the thread that VEL linked to if you need help getting quests to work. that's all i have for ya.

I've followed several threads on quests and different versions, such as b152 quests not working well in b163. DoY comes to mind, as well as a group quest I can't remember the name of. As for 1.90 quests, I know I had no problem with one (Fantasia) working in b152 (haven't played it on later releases), but one quest doesn't necessarily prove anything. I believe I also read somewhere that quests are best played on the versions that created them. Hence, I tried to run 1.90. But if I don't need to, great. The windows Zelda Classic releases work fine.

Don't think I don't appreciate the help, though. I do. I even try to help others when I can, though someone usually beats me to it since I only check these boards once or twice a day.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I will now stop worrying about 1.90 and stick with the Windows 1.92 betas since they work for me.

funman
02-02-2003, 07:41 AM
Thanks, it works now!
And it rox, greate work making it!!!