PDA

View Full Version : Another Layer Question....... *huddles in corner, feels stupid*

vaosu
01-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Ok... I am trying to make a windmill. I have the building part, I have the windmill part. I put the building on one layer, the windmill on another layer, then I go to place them on the same screen, and the windmill part is behind the building. How do I arrange the layers? And one more thing: What are the dots and X's for under the layers? (when I hit page down/page up buttons - those ones)

idontknow
01-28-2003, 04:20 PM
When there's an X in the box, it means that layer is visible and if theres a circle, it means that that screen has that layer and if the circle is selected, thats the currently layer that you're actually editing...as far as arranging layers, layers 0-2 are beneath link the combo walkability does affect him (but the combo properties don't), and layers 3-4 are above him, walking enemies, & items but are below flying enemies (good for trees & stuff) and layers 5 & 6 are above everything...think of this way, the higher the layer #, the "higher" the layer is...

fatcatfan
01-28-2003, 04:25 PM
To emphasize what IDK said, when the circle is filled in, that layer is "active" and any editing (placing of combos) you do on-screen will edit *that layer*, not the current screen. Layer 0 is the current screen.

vaosu
01-28-2003, 11:04 PM
ok, thanks, and I also figured out this: I had for Layer 3 - windmill part. Layer 4 - Building. I switched them around and BING! I pulled the big switcharoo. Windmill part is now on top of building, but since I suck at making quests, I gave it up. I have no good ideas. I am gonna go post a topic for people giving me ideas. Thanks for the circle and x part.