PDA

View Full Version : Making link walk under custom door tiles!!!! help!!

vaosu
01-27-2003, 03:58 PM
I made a custom door, and I was wondering how I make it so link walks under it. I don't want to replace this door with all the down passage doors, so how do I make him walk under it?

Cloral
01-27-2003, 04:06 PM
You can either

a) Put the part you want Link to walk under on layer 3 or above, or
b) Make the combos 'overhead' combos. This is the easier way to go.

vaosu
01-27-2003, 04:21 PM
I have been making quests (starting, never finishing... lol) for a while now, and I still consider myself a noob. That's a bad thing right? Well, anyway,
1. How do I put it on layer 3+
2.How do I make it an overhead combo?

idontknow
01-27-2003, 04:29 PM
first of all, what version do you have?
if its beta 162 or newer, then you right click on the combo in the combo page to the right and then select "overhead" to make it an overhead combo
If you want it on layer 3, or any layer for that matter, then reserve a screen that you will not use and make the screen filled with all transparent tiles. Then go to the screen you're trying to make the door on. Go to Data-->layers and then select the appropriate map # and screen # of the completely transparent screen. click done. Then press pg down/pg up until you see the #s 0-6 on the bottom of the screen with little boxes. There should also be a circle above 0 & 3. Make sure the box above 3 is checked and then click on the circle above 3. Doing these makes layer 3 visible (checking the box) and clicking the circle (called 'radio' button, i believe) makes it so layer 3 is currently the actual layer you are editing. Now go ahead and draw the part of the door that should be above link. Dont forget to change back to layer 0 when done with all necessary overhead stuff...

vaosu
01-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Actually, I just have the regular Zquest Version 1.90 from http://www.zeldaclassic.com ---------- And there is no Data --> Layers

idontknow
01-27-2003, 04:57 PM
ok...then i guess you must make the door in the center of the four edges of the room...i strongly recommend getting a better version; 1.90!!! that was like outdated a century ago! WaHaHaHaHa!